Parka feat. Anna Basel - Momentarily Gone [Infrasonic]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
51246150bo4.jpg

Parka feat. Anna Basel - Momentarily Gone
In this day and age everybody can setup a digital label. This has resulted in hundreds of small digital labels releasing music. Some know what they are doing and have an idea and a strategy. Some think they know what they are doing but the result turns out less unfortunate in the end. Infrasonic Recordings is arguably one of UK’s finest trance labels with yet a relatively small discography. However, the tunes are memorable and they have so far proved to have a fantastic ear for great uplifting tunes. Infrasonic have not been afraid to drag some new talents in and this shows if you take a glance at their previous releases. So far no artist has had more than 1 release on the label. Infrasonic now presents an unknown Swedish group that goes under the name Parka. The two Swedish guys teamed up with up and coming American vocalist Anna Basel on this single. The remixes comes from some of the most recognizes names in uplifting trance. From Australia Mike Nichol. From Scandinavia or more precisely Denmark we have Mads Kiholm. Last up is Dima Krasnik from Ukraine.
parkapic1xr7.jpg

The Review
These guys are not wasting their time. This is the Original Mix and at first bar they make an entrance with a soothing white noise effect and then they drop a slamming hard sizzling bassline and a strong kick. This is already at an early stage, when piano notes start to flow and clever smooth vocals cuts are introduced – this makes a magic melodic universe which is hard to describe. You do not get to wait long before you get the vocals in their full form and a percussive loop is now also working on top of the heavy bassline. Everything progresses at a tremendous speed but it still does not seem rushed. Suddenly you are surrounded by a spellbinding combination of guitar and piano. I almost feel seduced by this tune. The vocals are not artistically perfect but the way the instrumentals work together with them makes all the difference. I have to mention that this tune also have a few hidden background sounds, which I as a listener can only appreciate. Light stabs, fill-ins and a cool loop.

First remix is from the uplifting genius from down under with his Mike Nichol Remix. He has created quite an elegant build-up with beautiful vocal pads and an uplifting melody. Melodies are slowly toned down and the vocals kick in with only the kick drum and the bassline going on. Things starts to build again and you are being lifted all the way to the break. I don’t find this remix as uplifting as some of Mike’s earlier works. With that said I still feel he has done a great job with arranging the vocals. I am however at a point where I cannot exactly figure out if he overused the vocals. On this single you will find a dub mix where only bits of the vocals thus the pads are used.

The Kiholm Remix feels somewhat more relaxed in its approach. It still builds quickly and along the way Anna Basel throws the sentence “I’m gone” at you. Mads uses a few light acid basslines and some good melodies. The melodies feels a bit standard though. While the wrapping might not be as inspiring then the pay-off feels amazing. The light synths, the beautiful lead melody, the piano and the vocals are just in perfect harmony. This remix also comes in a dub version with less vocals.

At the bottom of the barrel I find the Dima Krasnik Remix. This is full-on uplifting trance and especially characterized by the trancey claps and the Nitrous Oxide-like bassline. Not as dominated by the vocals as the other versions and thereby depending a lot more on the drive and the melodies. This is honestly not really my style but I do think that a lot of fans of this particular trance sub-genre will be pleased. This remix is actually spot on and the simple lead synth he implemented before the outro is a really good addition.

The Verdict
This would be the finest original mix from Infrasonic Recordings since Mike Nichols “Durado” in my opinion. It is rather short but it is well thought through and perfectly arranged. The Kiholm remix has some edges that could have been improved but the core of it makes up for the rest in the end. Mike Nichol never disappoints and neither does he in this case. This release had a wow effect on me. I was extremely surprised when I played the original mix and without knowing Parka’s background I would still guess that these guys have been working long and hard to get to this point. The original mix gets a straight 9/10 and the overall release gets a well deserved 8/10.

Releasedate: TBA

Websites:
www.infrasonic-recordings.com
Mike Nichol

Myspace:
Infrasonic-Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
PARKA on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Mike Nichol on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Kiholm on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Dima Krasnik on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

great release!

btw. release date: 9th feb :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mik. Will update the topic :smile:

Back