Text only forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilMetcalfe

Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a text only forum aswell as the main one? The reason I ask is that when my set was on earlier and I had to browse the forum on my phone, I reckon it would make it a lot quicker? Maybe also without flash as every time I refresh the page, my iphone tells me I haven't got Flash installed.

Just an idea and wondered what you thought! :):miss:

That's pretty useful, Dan, thanks. However, from what I can see, I can't post any replies that way?
I suppose the quick way round would be to have 2 Safari windows open, one with the site map and one with the normal forum open to post replies etc.
The only issue with the sitemap then would be that it would take you forever to scroll to the bottom of the page as new replies go to the bottom. And with most show threads getting quite lengthy quickly it would become a pain. :lol: Is it possible to reverse the sitemap reply order so that new posts are at the top?

That's pretty useful, Dan, thanks. However, from what I can see, I can't post any replies that way?
I suppose the quick way round would be to have 2 Safari windows open, one with the site map and one with the normal forum open to post replies etc.
The only issue with the sitemap then would be that it would take you forever to scroll to the bottom of the page as new replies go to the bottom. And with most show threads getting quite lengthy quickly it would become a pain. :lol: Is it possible to reverse the sitemap reply order so that new posts are at the top?

you can disable all signature pictures any many other things to have plain posts in your user profile under options :)

see if that helps

you can disable all signature pictures any many other things to have plain posts in your user profile under options :)

see if that helps

Yeh I could do that if I needed to browse it faster on 3G. It wasn't a big problem just viewing the forum now and again, it just got a little frustrating loading all the pages up all the time. It's not all the time I'd be on the forum on my phone, so making that change for then is all good :) Cheers Dan.:friends:

Yeh I could do that if I needed to browse it faster on 3G. It wasn't a big problem just viewing the forum now and again, it just got a little frustrating loading all the pages up all the time. It's not all the time I'd be on the forum on my phone, so making that change for then is all good :) Cheers Dan.:friends:

when i have sometime ill create a IPhone special skin. :hug:

Good idea Phill :good: crating a low bandwidth version of the site will make it very handy to browse on portables, or even on PC sometimes!!

Alot of forums have a Lo-Fi option at the bottom of the page.

please check the forum with your mobile :)

AH Lite/Mobile style added for mobile :)

cheers

Yeah pretty good that Dan. Nice one. Is it possible to have the last post on each thread each "area" of the forum like the full version? And maybe "current listeners" at the side of the "who's playing" title? Just a couple of suggestions :)

You Phil...when you coming round next for our next session? Gimme a shout bro!

Yeah pretty good that Dan. Nice one. Is it possible to have the last post on each thread each "area" of the forum like the full version? And maybe "current listeners" at the side of the "who's playing" title? Just a couple of suggestions :)

listeners added....

I will be making a better version soon, just need time...

Hope this will be better for the meanwhile :) cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back