Pulstate - Lost Forever [Infra Progressive]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
51248150hr6.jpg

Desmon Mallon aka Pulstate is the first artist to have 2 original productions out on Infrasonic Recordings. This is his second release on the progressive sublabel Infra Progressive. As per usual this label is offering an extensive remix package with exciting names involved! This time we have rising star from Chicago, DJ Eco. A man who has a lot of stuff coming up on various labels, Allan O'Marshall. Last one up is a man who seems to be everywhere at the moment, Andy Tau.
513promouw5.jpg

The Review
The Original Mix starts with brilliant use of percussion and a bassline that progresses from only starting out by setting in lightly to then going strong and giving the track a fat bottom end and adding that progressive and electro edge. His choice of sounds are extremely uplifting making it perfect to set off an upbeat trance set. With only 6 minutes, this is a short, but he does not miss a spot and gets all the great elements you want in a track of this kind.

Could not help noticing that the intro sound used in this DJ Eco Remix is the same as in Tonight Is Forever. I admire his style and that he has found such an unique sound. In this remix he plays lightly with the original theme but the track never peaks like the original does. Throughout the production he keeps everything just below the boiling point. It is such an elegant remix. It took me a few listens to really appreciate it but now the melody is stuck in my head.

The Allan O'Marshall Remix has followed a completely different recipe, going down a different road. A techy piece with a dark bassline and some great stabbing effects. It has got a Sander van Doorn'ish lead in the breakdown and the tune has an overall great club atmosphere to it.

A guy whom I have tried to follow since his track The Path brings us the Andy Tau Remix. Probably one of the most productive guys in the business and he still has a huge amount of tunes coming up. Lately he has diverted from his uplifting trance style and this shows in this remix. A deeper bassline, a drop i bpm and more progressive souding percussion. The synths are lighter than usual and boy has he created a fantastic melody in the break.

The Verdict
The original is a very strong and driving track with some good ideas, and I just love the melody he has done. The DJ Eco Remix has already recieved heavy support and this is no surprise. Eco's production is the winner here. He pulled off one classy remix here!

Buy It Now:
PULSTATE :: LOST FOREVER :: Audiojelly Dance Music Download Site

Websites:
www.infrasonic-recordings.com

Myspace:
Infrasonic-Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Pulstate on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
DJ Eco on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Allan O’Marshall / Aeromaschine on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Andy_Tau on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Back