Classic Trance Session by Arada (My First Set!)

How do you like my Set?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could Be Better...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arada

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Fellows of Trance!

Here is my First Set! :super:
It's Classic Trance!
One Hour of Beautiful Trance!

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Enjoy it!

DJ Name:
How long you have been a DJ: First Try
Style of music played: Classic Trance

Tracklist:
01 Energy 52 - Cafè del Mar (Kid Paul Remix) 7:18 [138 BpM]
02 The Thrillseekers - Waiting Here For You 7:38 [136 BpM]
03 Above & Beyond - Good For Me (Above & Beyond Club Mix) 8:52 [138 BpM]
04 Nitromethane - Time To Die (Seraque Mix) 9:09 [141 BpM]
05 Alibi - Eternity 7:14 [145 BpM]
06 Matt Hardwick vs Smith & Pledger - Connected (Original Mix) 7:14 [136 BpM]
07 Tillmann Uhrmacher - On The Run (Ocean To shore) (Club Extended Mix) 7:02 [138 BpM]
08 Paul van Dyk - Forbidden Fruit 6:19 [136 BpM]

Download Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/196476220/Classic_Trance_Session_by_Arada.zip.html

Last edited:
will download once RapidShare has any slots for free users

/curses at rapidshare :ee:

HeHe, The CatLady said that i should upload it there.

HeHe, The CatLady said that i should upload it there.

:beat: for The Cat Lady for suggesting it, zippyshare is better

got a chance to listen to it, nice track selection but i wouldn't call it a mix, all you did was cue in the tracks and let them play, there are no transitions :ee:

Yeah, i know, but they are so, only one is a club mix, so no real chance for transitions you are used to.

Yeah, i know, but they are so, only one is a club mix, so no real chance for transitions you are used to.
sorry but those tracks are all over 6 minutes long, so that's definitely club mixes. those tracks can definitely be mixed properly, which would make the whole "set" much more interesting. as it is now, i get the same result by just letting winamp play the tracks.

Thanks for your Feedback!
How exactly i should do the mixing in the future?

beatmatched. if you mix a track with 138 bpm into one with 136 bpm, pitch the second one up to 138 bpm. mix the last minute of the last track into the first minute of the next track, putting beat on beat, letting them play at the same time.

further reading: DJ Tutor - The Home of DJ Training online

Hmm, then i have a big problem, because i like playing tracks from the beginning to the end.

then you don't understand what club mixes are made for, or why they're even being made :)

Hmm, then i have a big problem, because i like playing tracks from the beginning to the end.

That should actually help. At least the listening of tracks from start to finish, you understand it more. You get used to how the track builds up/winds down, what comes in/finishes where so when mixing the next track in you can time things better.

dfx, today's trance tracks are like club mixes, but in the 90's they were different to today and it's not depending on track length, it's the style and today's style is clubstyle, any dj is used to it, in my opinion a bit boring after a while when any track is made like a club mix.

And technically i do it only with Virtual DJ, no Mixing Hardware available.

dfx, today's trance tracks are like club mixes, but in the 90's they were different to today and it's not depending on track length, it's the style and today's style is clubstyle, any dj is used to it, in my opinion a bit boring after a while when any track is made like a club mix.

not sure what you're talking about. all regular mixes of all tracks are meant to be mixed properly, that's why they all have a minute or two of both intro and outro. the only exception is the "radio edit" type of mixes, those are typically 3-4 minutes long, and many releases do include radio edits, meant to be played unmixed, as you did.

(of course it's a matter of preference if you play radio edits or the regular mixes when playing tracks unmixed - but in any case, this should not be called a set, or even less so a mix)

some releases do include a "club mix" in addition to an "original mix", but those are both properly mixable. the difference is usually the overall sound, but both can and should be properly mixed, and both are typically over 6 minutes long. this is true now and has been in the 90s as well.

yeah, so? that's exactly the point of using vdj, it's meant to enable you to mix properly without hardware, that's why it lets you adjust the bpm (and even does so itself), has line faders, a crossfader and the EQ phalanx. that's exactly why i told you that you cant mix properly with sam broadcaster, but with vdj you can.

i read your reply 3 times and still don't get your point, so i won't ask

only thing i wanna ask tho, is about the last comment you made....why do you need hardware, what is stopping you from mixing properly with VDj?

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe i missed something how to mix properly...
As i understand i have to cut the tracks at the start and at the end, i guess.
So they all are mixed one into the next one and that's what i don't like at any track.

you don't cut anything, you're just playing both together, one over the other, at the same time, overlapping the sounds.

I checked it out.

DFX and you other DJs. You are right. He has to figure out beat matching. But once he does, I think he is on to something here. We've got 20 years of Trance behind us and no one plays the great stuff of yesterday. A classic trance show would be welcome, I think. Look at the response Deja Vu gets.

Arada. Don't stop. Your track selection was delightful. Learn how to beat match. Get a Classic Trance show here. A crowd will show up to dance to it. (kiss) :super::music::hug::cat:

Back