The name of this genre is trance..so..

Tarek

Registered
Reaction score
We've heard/seen/experienced what being in a trance is like when listening to some of this music. I've always wondered if there were interwoven "bi-aural- frequencies in the synths that DO put you in a trance (when using headphones)..and if not, what would it be like if trance music lived up to it's name..literally!?

By bi-aural frequencies..I mean..hmm..I'm not sure if many of you have tried aural therapy..(there are a few programs online that do it..all you need is a pair of headphones)..and they play nature's song or something soothing, but you can choose this specific frequency to hum in the background..and every frequency should, in theory, put you in a different mood [ie: sleepy/awake/full concentration])...well do you think that trance sounds have these built in? Is this why it's called trance?

well do you think that trance sounds have these built in? Is this why it's called trance?
no it doesn't and no it isn't.

according to wikipedia, the term originates from "experimental, atmospheric space music" from the 1980s, that the composer called "entrancing". no idea what it actually sounds like though, never listened to it.

as for the more modern stuff, any sort of EDM has the potential to put the listener into an actual trance due to the repetitiveness. as for trance music, i think the closest it gets to actual trance is in one of the earliest forms of trance music: goa-trance, which is still origin and heavy influence of today's trance. linked with a sort of post-hippie culture, back then as today heavily associated to drugs, sure puts many people into an actual state of trance on a regular basis.

Well..so much for that hahaha..just kidding.

being in so called "state of trance" is the result of meditation, where you develop the ability to let go of any "regular" thoughts, block them out and thus free your mind to relax, which in turn slows down your breathing and puts you in a state of trance...those that take drugs the achievement of such a state is purely the result of the substances ingested, for the others it takes time and practice to be able to free their mind and achieve a deep state of relaxation
most likely music used for meditation is the one that has nature sounds, however the music itself is just an aid, does not do anything on its own (it may for few brief minutes) if you can't control your conscious mind
personally i prefer to meditate to the sounds of trance, as opposed to the nature sounds.

Yeah but there are some "constant frequencies" you can plug in to music..If you check out Natura Sound Therapy..you'll see what I mean..

We've heard/seen/experienced what being in a trance is like when listening to some of this music. I've always wondered if there were interwoven "bi-aural- frequencies in the synths that DO put you in a trance (when using headphones)..and if not, what would it be like if trance music lived up to it's name..literally!?

By bi-aural frequencies..I mean..hmm..I'm not sure if many of you have tried aural therapy..(there are a few programs online that do it..all you need is a pair of headphones)..and they play nature's song or something soothing, but you can choose this specific frequency to hum in the background..and every frequency should, in theory, put you in a different mood [ie: sleepy/awake/full concentration])...well do you think that trance sounds have these built in? Is this why it's called trance?

[FONT=&quot]Great, Music is very beautiful thing for a lot of us. I am sure you are agreeing that it offers you many different types of emotional charges. Only the music is one that can make you angry, sad, excited, and also playful, etc. Trance music can offer you calming stress relief that I am sure you need.[/FONT]

Back