Dallaz Project - Double One [Perceptive] // Review

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tn261815header.jpg

Perceptive Recordings are still riding on the success of the Andy Blueman EP which is currently blasting its way through the top of the Audiojelly chart. The responces have been overwhelming and the EP is still yet to recieve a full release. Perceptive Recordings is quickly becoming one of my own favourite labels. They still have failed to let me down as a reviewer and as a music fan. I am once again happy to see some fresh materiel in my inbox from these guys. This time from a new Russian project created by a guy named Tom Oz. Perceptive Recordings are hereby presenting the Dallaz Project. On the remix duties we have a few well-known names from the Perceptive family plus an also well-known and uprising talent. Ehren Stowers delivered the massive Both Worlds so it's no surprise that he has been hired to do a remix. He has a hot single out now and a single on Matt Hardwick's Kill The Lights label is soon to come. A guy with a quickly growing fanbase is Oceania from the UK. His tune Always is currently getting a lot of airplay. If you're not familiar with him, I suggest you check out his remix of Bolivia which should get you interested. It is good to see Timo Pralle doing another remix for Perceptive as his remix of Will B's Upgrade was nothing short of outstanding. To please the progressive trance lovers is Joel Gerholm with a deeper mix. I will now dive in for a closer look at this release.
tncs139791302abig.jpg

The Review
The Original Mix kicks off with great use of effects, a few stabs and synth lines. I like how he did not just take the easy road here but added something extra to the whole intro. He used a nice firm kick and added some crisp percussion on top. Then the dreamy arp sets in accompanied by some very light pads. Hints of the reverbed lead appears in small portions on the journey towards the break. The break is spending roughly 1 minute and 30 seconds both peeling off all elements and diving into complete silence and then lifting you up again with the effective lead melody.

Ehren Stowers also paid a good amount of attention to the intro part. Starting off with some looped layers before the kicks starts to set in. This mix is best descriped as energetic. The bassline gives it a bit of that shaky dancefloor feel and the synths are adding a raw and uplifting touch.

This would be the first time Oceania is making an appearance on Perceptive. Hopefully not the last time because this is not bad at all. Loving the heavy rolling bassline and lush arp melody. Both of these things are definitely the bearing structure of this track. The pads starts to appear in the breakground and creating a great atmosphere thus a nice depth to the track. And now, the break is one to die for. The piano melody is reminding me of powerful pieces like Factoria's "Revive" where things are so simple, yet sucks you in and makes you wanna throw the hands in the air. I think he could have spiced the track up even more when he delivers the payoff. With that said I am still satisfied.

Track number 4 is the Timo Pralle remix. Ferry Corsten picked up the last remix he did for Perceptive on his radio show which was well deserved. This track decieves you in a way. It starts off leaning towards tech trance but makes a sudden shift to pure melodic trance. The original melody is kept intact but topped off with a thick lead melody.

Mr. Joel Gersholm is giving us a deeper interpretation. Especially liking the electro bassnote that sets in at every 2nd bar. Electro bass but still keeping things trancey with a hard kick and uplifting melodies. I like the way he has treated the breakdown. Fantastic melodies. This is a good mix to bridge the gap between uplifting trance and the deeper stuff.

The Verdict
Great work from everyone involved in this package. I feel that this is probably one of the better releases as for allround quality. I would not say that any of the above mixes stand out. Here it all comes down to ones taste. My personal favourite would be the Oceania remix. He didn't use any claps which in this case could have clouded and saturated the mix. The melody gets the attention it deserves and the sound is nice and polished. So once again, hopefully not the last appearance from Oceania on Perceptive.

Audiojelly date: 09.03.2009
Release date: 23.03.2009

Samples can be found on the Perceptive myspace page and their website.
Websites:
Perceptive Recordings - www.perceptive-recordings.com

Myspace:
Perceptive Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
dallaz project on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Ehren Stowers Official on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Oceania on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Joel Gershom on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
DJ T-Motion / Timo Pralle on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

original mix is nice

I definitely love the most oceania remix, it's amazing \o/

You guys are always the first to reply :super:

Thanks for the feedback.

i am currently in love with their production 'In Motion' - so i cant wait to get my copy of this :)

Back