Any software ompatible with torq Xponent that is better than Torq DJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_solsta

Registered
Reaction score
Torq dj has a pretty bad BPM Scanner..:p..generally i'm beatmatching manually..which i dont mind...but i sort songs by tempo...and its very annoying when the song gets scanned at 65 BPM when you know its at like 135 or something....I really want my sorted songs to be accurate....cos its so convenient once i know what songs are in the BPM range of the set im playing..:music:..then i don't have to manually tap the tempo!
Just so you know i've got Virtual DJ 5 and Traktor DJ Dtudio 3
Just wanna know which is best for compatibility and accuracy
thanxx
Trance4Life
:super:

and does anyone know why torq dj 1.5 always puts the beat bars a tiny bit off i've grown to deal with it..but if i synchronise tracks, the beats are always out of phase...even if the songs are the same speed

weirddd

generally i've found that virtualdj has the best bpm scanner and the highest accuracy of all software packages around. it also provides compatibility with the torq controller. (i assume it speaks midi, so it's compatible with all dj software packages around anyway, but vdj actually provides a preset that saves you from configuring it manually for it.)

and does anyone know why torq dj 1.5 always puts the beat bars a tiny bit off i've grown to deal with it..but if i synchronise tracks, the beats are always out of phase...even if the songs are the same speed
that is normal, even vdj does that. it's because software has no ears and doesn't really know how to sync those beats, so you will always have to adjust it manually.

generally i've found that virtualdj has the best bpm scanner and the highest accuracy of all software packages around. it also provides compatibility with the torq controller. (i assume it speaks midi, so it's compatible with all dj software packages around anyway, but vdj actually provides a preset that saves you from configuring it manually for it.)

that is normal, even vdj does that. it's because software has no ears and doesn't really know how to sync those beats, so you will always have to adjust it manually.
+1, i just havent figured out how to do it. i have also the Torq X-Session Pro M-Audio, its good, but true i also have to do beatmatching by ear, i have finally figured out how to cue so it only hears on headphones.

I know what you guys mean, Its frustrating when im Djing at a party and the analyze BPM comes up as 1.9 and i know the songs is clocking in at around 135 BPM, especially if its a song i REALLY want to play. But just recently i found that if you go back and right click the file(song) in the browser view it gives you the option to re-analyze, which i did and the correct BPM came up when i loaded the track in to the the decks.
You have to remember that Torq is a new software, its a work in progress, i knew that before i purchased it, and it can be frustrating but M-Audio is working on the bugs. THe best way to have these issues resolved is to let them know what bugs you come across so they can improve on it. I find that is i preview a track in browser view it always give me the wrong BPM, FYI so be careful when using that.
As far as other software, I did find VDJ to have a good BPM mapper, the Xponent is just a MIDI controller, which means it can be used with any software that support midi mapping its more of a matter of preference really.
Beatmatching by ear:) ah the good ole days

I sold my torq package on craigslist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back