DNS Project - Wireframe [Monster Tunes] // Review

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
monster025website.jpg

It has been a while since the legendary label Monster Tunes released a record on their main imprint. In fact it has been more than six months. Now they are back with a smashing release thus follow up to DNS Project's "Airbourne". There are still sweet memories of lush vocal cuts and big room tech vibes accompanied by huge melodies in my mind. Airbourne was also blessed with a remix from the Egyptian duo Aly & Fila. Airbourne can be found on the latest Best Of Monster Tunes compilation and was voted as one of the "Best Of 2008" tunes on Tiësto's Club Life radio show by the fans of the show. If you missed "Airbourne" then do head over to your favourite download store! Wireframe which is the name of this new single has a Whiteglow Mix from Rene Pais aka DNS Project himself and a Beat Service Rework which has already gotten some proper support.
tndnsproject.jpg

First up is the Whiteglow Mix. This would be the trancey offering from Rene. Tight beats and a bit of a techy edge. Some filters has been put to use to add a bit of spice and excitement and some vocal stutters adds to the making of an outstanding build-up. The main melody sounds like something taken right out of a proper trance classic and has epic written all over it. He still stays true to his own sound though and keeps it original.

Rene goes for a deeper progressive feel in his Original Mix. Stylewise it is leaning towards the sound of Sander van Doorn or the High Contrast labels. The bassline is pumping and the crisp percussion is adding some spark and tasty techiness. He does not abandon his sense of great melodies though. And yes, he really does combine that nasty tech sound with melodies even though it might sound like an awkward mix. He does a fine job too. The melodies are uplifting and the beautifully crafted piano sequence in the break goes so well hand-in-hand with the overall theme of the tune. I have always thought that club tech and progressive trance melodies should be kept apart but this is one well excecuted production.

DNS Project's fellow countryman Madis Sillamo delivers the Beat Service Rework. And a worthy rework this is! He has added some noticable hats that are messing about in the high frquencies. The tech level has taken a few steps up the latter and the synthwork is much more pleasing and unique. This rework aims for a much more club oriented feel and there is a much better harmony between the sounds.

A great comeback from the Monster Tunes label. DNS Project has developed his style further since his last release but sticks to his sounds. It is nice with two alternatives and I would usually prefer a tune with more than 1 interpretation from the artist himself rather than a load of remixes. The Beat Service rework is a nice addition to this package though and takes the original to a new level.

Exclusive to Audiojelly & CDJshop: 16th March
Full release (including vinyl): 30th March

CDR Available @ CDJshop

monster025cd.jpg

Click here to order.

Websites:
Mailing List
Lens Flare | DNS Project | Official Site of the Estonian producer

Myspace:
Monster Tunes on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
DNS Project | Lens Flare on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Beat Service on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Beat Service make better remixes than that one, nice tune tho

Original is decent, nothing special

Beat Service make better remixes than that one, nice tune tho

Original is decent, nothing special

Whole release is nothing special. Dull dark tune.

I heard a lot better tunes from these guys.

Love the beat service remix :good2:

the Original is good too :music:

the whiteglow mix is a bit "too trancey" for my tastes :mask:

Back