Lazarus - Mashup Mix II

Lazarus

www.defconrecordings.com
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the second edition of my mashup specials, helped greatly by the fabulous offerings from the fantastic talent here at AH :ah: :loveah: :bravo:

PROFF vs Chris Lake featuring Emma Hewitt - Carry Aguilas Away (Marteed Resch bootleg)
Ronski Speed vs Sphinx vs Plexland - Deep Devine Millenia (Pajo's vocal mashup)
Michael Tsukerman & Robert Gitelman vs Paul Van Dyk - Boliva Is Complicated (Le Grand Renard's Monday Afternoon Mash)
Offer Nissim featuring Maya vs Chance Jumpers - Korona For Your Love (JACS mashup)
Mr Pit vs Signalrunners featuring Julie Thompson - These Shanas (Marteed Resch Second bootleg)
Store N Forward vs PROFF - My Personal Summer Honeymoon (JACS mashup)
Thomas Schwartzer vs Beber & Tamra - Travelling On Jupiter (XiJaro mashup)
Andy Moor vs Thomas Didrik - So Much More Faded (JACS mashup)
BT vs Ronski Speed - Mercury Doors (Wayne Ellison bootleg)
Anton Firtich vs Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes Over The Ocean (Rob G Digital mashup)
Pulser vs Cosmic Gate featuring Emma Hewitt - Not Enough Sunseeker (Rob G short mashup)
Estiva vs RMB - Deep Down Below Strawberry Fields (JACS mashup)
Natlife vs Sunblind - Believe In Black Sea (Rob G short mashup)
Myon & Shane 54 vs Ashley Wallbridge - The Vampire Embrace (Mufflerash mashup)
Lange featuring Marcie - Loved Up Angel (XiJaro mashup)
Oceania vs First State - Always Falling (Gomez92 bootshup)
Armin van Buuren vs DJ Fire - Unforgiveable Transatlantic (Rob G Digital mashup)
John Askew vs Mike Koglin - Fade To Silence (Zak's mashup)
Ferry Corsten vs Altitude - Made Of Silence (JoDo mashup)
Anguilla Project vs Paul van Dyk- Sands Of Our Lives (Next DJ mashup)
Annie Lennox - Dark Road (XiJaro's Miracle Road mashup)
John O'Callaghan vs Ocean Lab - Beautiful Rotterdam (Prychu 4 City Jelenia Gora mashup)
Vadim Soloviev featuring Marcie vs Signum - Back At Me (Mohamed Ragab mashup)
Veracocha & Michael de Kooker vs Simon Patterson - Carte Smack (F1D0 mashup)
Mike Nichol vs Morgan Page - Lost Road (XiJaro mashup)
Marcos featuring Emi Jarvi - Cosmicstring 2009 (Prychu vocal mashup)
Rank 1 vs Arcane Science - Twisted Awakening (DJ Pitch & XiJaro mashup)
DJ Eco vs The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides Forever (XiJaro mashup)
Aly & Fila featuring The Doppler Effect - Key Of Beauty (Joe Shadows mashup)

Right Click & Save as:
Episode 166 - 13/Mar/2009
Mirror link

Enjoy :music:

Incidentally if you missed the first one you can find it here:

http://forum.ah.fm/djs-producers-corner/12377-mashup-mix.html

Last edited:
Oki

had a quick listen to it and theres something that i dont like.
The Problem with Mashups is, that you always have FOUR tracks during the transition between the tracks...that sounds overfloating my ears *haha*

Not all of these mashs are really clear an so the sound compilation is a bit crazy...sometimes it sounds that there are different soundqualities inbetween the masups itself....

and its always the vocals that didnt came out as good as in the original...

so all over

a good set, excellent mixing :clap: but not really my style of music. Thats why i normally play no mashups coz in my understanding of excellent Trance they didnt match ...there are some outstanding mashuppers these days....Vicky for example ...with the most of the others i cant get warm...sorry...just my personal meaning

:hug:

"Michael Tsukerman & Robert Gitelman vs Paul Van Dyk - Boliva Is Complicated (Le Grand Renard's Monday Afternoon Mash)"

Yeppie :) thanks lazarus :)

Oki

had a quick listen to it and theres something that i dont like.
The Problem with Mashups is, that you always have FOUR tracks during the transition between the tracks...that sounds overfloating my ears *haha*

Not all of these mashs are really clear an so the sound compilation is a bit crazy...sometimes it sounds that there are different soundqualities inbetween the masups itself....

and its always the vocals that didnt came out as good as in the original...

so all over

a good set, excellent mixing :clap: but not really my style of music. Thats why i normally play no mashups coz in my understanding of excellent Trance they didnt match ...there are some outstanding mashuppers these days....Vicky for example ...with the most of the others i cant get warm...sorry...just my personal meaning

:hug:
Thanks for the feedback mate, I know where you're coming from, and I confess I never used to be one for mashups until relatively recently, but it's always nice to try something different and see if it works! In general I prefer to be sparing when using them and to choose them wisely, but I did this mix mainly to try and showcase all the ones I don't normally get chance to play but that I still love! :hug: :friends:

Thx Lazarus 4 playning my mash:p dl now:)

"Michael Tsukerman & Robert Gitelman vs Paul Van Dyk - Boliva Is Complicated (Le Grand Renard's Monday Afternoon Mash)"

Yeppie :) thanks lazarus :)

Awesome :music: ,,,, Thx Laz For Support :hug:
My pleasure guys, keep up the great work! :bravo:

no Config mashups = fail :lol: jk though.. or am i? :lol:
I only found the one of yours in my pile mate, that James blunt one? Wasn't really my thing I'm afraid :hug: Will keep checking out any others you post though! :friends:

I like idea of the mashup genre in general. But as with what JayCan says, this is really a very fine art that to be honest for me not everybody is getting right yet. Or maybe even truly understands what its all about and what it must mean. Your trying to create almost a mini masterpiece out of two already great songs. Its not that simple.

I felt with many of the songs here there was tomuch heavyhandedness. At times they sounded as though they had been forced together instead of blending perfectly almost seamlessly if you will.

Some songs just don't work together or even I thought in this set some sounded distorted or the vocal didn't sound full enough on it or there was't the right melody to gp with the vocal to make it truly outstanding.

Some songs for me just didnt work at all, Mercury & Solace and Revolving Doors did not sound right together to me and individually both are favourites of mine. I would not have put those two songs together. There were others too.

The mixing as ever was superb by Laz. Nothing wrong with that at all:wink::hug:

But to fill two hours with mashups. Imo there are not yet enough good ones to go around to fill two hours.

What I will say is that for me there were two perfect examples of the mashup genre on show in this set

DJ Eco vs The Doppler Effect - Beauty Hides Forever (XiJaro mashup)
Aly & Fila featuring The Doppler Effect - Key Of Beauty (Joe Shadows mashup

I loved them both:love:

Last edited:
This looks awesome. Will be checking it out mate ;)

I only found the one of yours in my pile mate, that James blunt one? Wasn't really my thing I'm afraid :hug: Will keep checking out any others you post though! :friends:

James Blunt? ahm.. lol .. certainly not mine :lol:

Back