DJ Eco - Borealis [Infra Progressive] Review // Out Now!

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
51247150.jpg

DJ Eco has been riding on wave of succes lately. He has delivered some outstanding tunes on Martin Roth's Lunatique label and his music has been played by everyone from Tiësto to Armin van Buuren and Ferry Corsten. Last month he also had a remix released on Infra Progressive. His new tune is called Borealis and has already recieved support from Mr. van Buuren himself. Infrasonic serves another release on their progressive label with a great variety of remixes.
mf117416b26e34057a4d488.jpg

Original Mix
This is an upbeat tune for a progressive label with its 138 bpm. However, the bassline does give it a deep feel and the melodies and build are calm thus makes it better suited for Infrasonic Recordings' sublabel. Borealis has the well-known and distinct DJ Eco sound plastered all over it. The melody is memorable and will get stuck in your head. The kick is tight and the hats are very in your face whereas the clap is toned down. A very strong production we are dealing with here.

Arthur Smith & Zak J Remix
Moving a few steps down on the bpm scale with this remix. The kick remains punchy but the tempo, perc and bouncy loop takes it to a more progressive level. The rolling bassline is heavy but not too heavy. The melody has a fantastic impact on the track when it makes its entry. It is very laidback with the gentle and deep progressive feel. What I love most about this tune is the unexpected twists, that it has. The break is loaded with effects and percussive sounds, panning from left to right and of course the beautiful melody.

Element One Remix
This young American fella has recieved alot of support throughout the last couple of months. Markus Schulz has cained his tracks in his latest shows and sets. It has a few noticable electro-house synths and plays very well with the melody. It has a really tight big room sound and really does resemble something taken right out of a Markus Schulz set.

Acute Remix
Infrasonic added an uplifter to the package. What I really like about this mix is that Acute really did a good job lifting the melody and he uses a few extra layers to underline it. This remix is by no means groundbreaking but its a perfect addition and one for the fans of pure melodic and uplifting goodness.

Danilo Ercole South Coast Remix
Quite a delicious take on Borealis here! The snare sounds great and the melody build-up is fantastic. Danilo sticks to the original theme but adds a summer-like flavour to it. The sound is much more clear and crisp compared to the original. After the break the tune transcends into lush melodies which aren't clouded and covered by any over-the-top, thick bassline - a big plus.

Best release on Infra Progressive so far! Remixers are well picked and each version is unique. It is hard to pick a favourite among so many great versions but at the end of the day I think Arthur Schmidt (of Basic Perspective) and Zak J's take on Borealis is the best and most original. I actually think it would be fair to place this release in the top 3 of best releases on Infrasonic ever. Check it out!

Preview and buy here:
DJ ECO :: BOREALIS :: Audiojelly Dance Music Download Site

Websites:
Infrasonic Recordings : Home
http://www.arthurschmidt.net

Myspace:
Infrasonic-Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
DJ Eco on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Arthur Schmidt on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Danilo Ercole on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Acute on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Element One Rmx has such warm melody, I like this track
Acute Remix is better, there's more energy in it
Danilo Ercole South Coast Remix is the best for me I think

Element One Rmx has such warm melody, I like this track
Acute Remix is better, there's more energy in it
Danilo Ercole South Coast Remix is the best for me I think

Danilo Ercole South Coast Remix best mix for sure! :bravo:

Really great mix by Danilo. Glad you guys like it too :choon:

Back