Robert Burian - Collapse [Vintage] // Review

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tnvinvnicopy.jpg

Collapse is the latest and first release from Robert Burian’s new label, Vintage Records, a sub division to Monster Tunes. Burian should not need an introduction but I will do one anyway. Robert Burian, from Slovakia, is probably one of the most diverse producers in the trance scene today. He has had several releases under his BuRo guise, which was reserved for his melodic and uplifting productions. Under his Rob B alias he has done more progressive oriented stuff and even electro house inspired tracks for labels such as Fraction Zero. Lately we have seen releases from his main name on labels such as tetsuo, Coldharbour and Tone Diary; big room tracks that have seen an impressive amount of support. With this release he is serving another tight production and again aiming for that big room sound, but apart from his other more recent releases this is on the more upbeat side. Mexican producer Cesar Lugo is on the remix duties.
vntg001.jpg

The Original Mix is, as I pointed out, on the more upbeat side of things this time. The kick drum is hard and punchy and the hats and clap makes out an important component in the production as well. Burian has added a typical bassline but also a razorsharp and evil synth stab that cuts through the mix. This is an element that should create some nice excitement for the listener, especially when the DJ transites from one track into this one. This also makes out a sound that should make the track easier to identify. Moving on to the core of the track we have some floating pads, melodies with a bit of the Discover trademark sound, great effects and a few drum rolls.

In the original I mentioned a sound that was easy to recognize. Cesar Lugo did the same in his remix. He added a nice vocal sample. It occurs at an early stage in the track and thankfully it is not overdone or too loud. Both Cesar and Robert are working in the same sound spectrum in these two versions but I feel that Cesar gets the best out of the melody.

On this release Robert Burian is yet again proving that he can work in different genres. He is also proving his talent in the studio. I feel that Cesar is somehow better with melodies, judging from this release only of course, whereas Robert is better to add unique effects thus create a nice flow and depth throughout the whole production. Both producers have done well on this release, but maybe they could have lifted the track if they had joined forces? I will leave it up to the listeners to judge. Solid first release!

Don’t forget to check out the new Monster Tunes website. You can find information on upcoming releases, read about artists and they have a forum which will be online soon.
Monster Tunes : Home

Collapse will be available exclusively to Audiojelly and CDJshop on the 30th of March and out everywhere on the 6th of April.

Websites:
Monster Tunes : Home
Robert Burian / BuRo / Rob B. - House, Trance, Progressive & Hip-Hop Productions

Myspace:
Monster Tunes on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
robertburian on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Cesar Lugo pres. Steel Prototype on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

There is a mistake in my review. Vintage Records is not a sub divison of Monster Tunes. Vintage Records is ran by producers Ade and Digital Nature and based in Romania.

Sorry about the mistake. :)

Loving the Cesar Lugo remix! Huge bassline! Original isnt so bad also! :super:

:choon::choon:

im shure i will love Cesar Lugo :grinning2: i wish i can produce. lol.

DistantLand, Emotion and trance_fan thanks so much for your comments.

:)

Cesra Lugo every 4th Sunday just like Miller!! OMG!!!!

Back