Paul Van Dijk Defines Trance

this defines many people that think mous5 is music. :rofl:

God he sounds arrogant..

I don't think he quite clicked that those quotes you posted, were in-fact quotes :crazy:.

well and another thing i agree, when what people call "trance" appeared, back in the 90's was known by "Electronic Dance Music" and i refuse to call it uplifting or so
:friends:Exactly

well if is referring to mouse5 and stuff like that he's right:lol::lol::lol:

well and another thing i agree, when what people call "trance" appeared, back in the 90's was known by "Electronic Dance Music" and i refuse to call it uplifting or so
i know what your saying, but Electronic Dance Music is all genres of it like Techno, House, Progressive, Psychodelic, its all part of EDM. now inside every genre there is more sub genres. in trance there is Psy Trance, Tech Trance, Hard Trance, Progressive Trance and now Uplifting Trance. like in House also, there is Soulfull House, and more.i hope im being clear. lol

PVD's living in the past. Trance back then was great IMO, but he's not really trying to understand the changes of the modern genre

Last edited:
i know what your saying, but Electronic Dance Music is all genres of it like Techno, House, Progressive, Psychodelic, its all part of EDM. now inside every genre there is more sub genres. in trance there is Psy Trance, Tech Trance, Hard Trance, Progressive Trance and now Uplifting Trance. like in House also, there is Soulfull House, and more.i hope im being clear. lol

well you got a point there :wink:

wth is Paul Van Dijk? :blink:

and yes, Paul van Dyk is right, there's a lot of crap out there that claims to be "trance"

and yes, Paul van Dyk is right, there's a lot of crap out there that claims to be "trance"
:iagree:

thats what it said on the Youtube Video. people say its Dijk or Dyk:bravo:

it did?...i haven't heard anything LOL
its been going on forevers.:lol: ever since 06 ive gotten confused on what it is. Dyk is for english people and Dijk for german people i think. or thats my guess of saying it.:lol:

This issue is open to discussion in t.nu also
I'm gonna copy-paste my opinion

PvD, Oakey and some others...
The did a great job in early, mid or even late 90's
They played a crucial role to make this music happen

Then...
Then either MONEY started to talk; As they own labels, they need more attention, more crowd, more people to spend money for
so they djed & produced house, electro, pop trance, to cover nearly "everyone" in EDM schene

OR..
Or they get bored from trance and started to play house, electro etc.

Either way; I love&respect'em for their background, past, BUT I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF THEY TALK ABOUT TRANCE TODAY.

If Paul says "many trance today is shit" he is also in it.

Back