TRANCEXPRESS 10 - MARCH 2009

piccoli

Registered
Reaction score
ok, new set is just here

1-JPL - Feed Us With Love (Original Mix)
2-AF Project - Moonlight Madness (Temple One Remix)
3-Michael Angelo - Light of Hope (Original Mix)
4-Mobilize - Oasis (Mesmerized Remix)
5-AB Project - Adversity (Sequencia Dub)
6-Mark Etesson & Zirenz - The Himn (Activa Pres Solar Movement Remix)
7-Force of Melody - Sparkling (Original Mix)
8-Dj Eco - Borealis (Acute Remix)
9-Matt Darey - Etenity (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix)
10-Suncatcher Pres Sesu - Seabreeze (Original Mix)
11-Akira Kayosa - Collective Hysteria (Temple One Remix)
12-Akira Kayosa - Memento (Original Mix)
13-Xgenic-Tears (Original Mix)
14-Paul Miller Pres Meli - 139(Original Mix)
15-Paul Allen Change In Motion (Original Mix)
16-Paul Miller Pres Meli - Aeon Flux (Original Mix)
17-Chris Hampshire & Bissen - The Vault(Activa Rework)
18-Neal Scarabourogh -Panama(Original Mix)
19-Hensha Pres Lost Sequence - Monday Delay(Reaves & Ahorne remix)
20-Dreas vs Jared Knapp - Mixed Emotions (Original Mix)

DOWNLOAD

hope you like it:music:

Nice tracklist! Looks 100% uplifting... Downloading now! :super:

yooo! upliftie tunes :ee: :wub:

looks massive, welcome to our uplifting side. :) will download in a bit.

you got the new Meli's in there. sweet. look out on Vital Sounds 4, Miller Tribute :grinning2:

Looks like great trance tracks. Yes, trance because I refuse to use that other word :p:p:p:p:p

* Now Listening : 646 ~ Replay Rich Lake - The Trance Case 001 on AH.FM 15-02-20

:dancing: After having enjoyed your previous set, which was quite a good one, naturally I'm curious about your latest set, Piccoli ! Did the advices given to you by dfx give you some help ? :cap:

Hey Picco!
Downloading!! :super:

Really looking forward to it! :choon: after :choon:

By any standards this was for me a wonderful set. Filled with mostly original and high quality melodic trance I had not heared before.

I'm hearing very few djs on here playing this kind of stuff and remember this is a two hour set. But no low points here and lots of emotion in the choice of tune. And lets remember we are not talking about a pro dj here. piccoli does not have the advantages of receiving special promos and such new stuff which the pros do have.

He has clearly gone to a lot of trouble to be as original as possible and to entertain his listeners, something that many of the pros need to seriously look at because filling up a set with well worn tunes or stuff that everybody else is playing and hoping for the best is not imo the way forward and not in the least advertising their skills or entertaining their listeners.

So, well done to piccoli and I look forward to hearing more of the same in the future

Looks like great trance tracks. Yes, trance because I refuse to use that other word :p:p:p:p:p

i agree, trance is trance is trance, no need to invent another word just to differentiate it from all the non-trance stuff invading our beloved music :lol:

:dancing: After having enjoyed your previous set, which was quite a good one, naturally I'm curious about your latest set, Piccoli ! Did the advices given to you by dfx give you some help ? :cap:

i will listen and find out, i'm quite curious myself :grinning2:

I'm hearing very few djs on here playing this kind of stuff and remember this is a two hour set. But no low points here and lots of emotion in the choice of tune. And lets remember we are not talking about a pro dj here. piccoli does not have the advantages of receiving special promos and such new stuff which the pros do have.

He has clearly gone to a lot of trouble to be as original as possible and to entertain his listeners, something that many of the pros need to seriously look at because filling up a set with well worn tunes or stuff that everybody else is playing and hoping for the best is not imo the way forward and not in the least advertising their skills or entertaining their listeners.

QFT! WTG! (and abbreviatons FTW! :rofl:)

Downloaded now, and liking the look of your tracklist mate :wink:

By any standards this was for me a wonderful set. Filled with mostly original and high quality melodic trance I had not heared before.

So, well done to piccoli and I look forward to hearing more of the same in the future

aww Sunny, thank you for your feedback, tells a lot:hug:

and thank you all of you guys for having a listen:hug:

ok, im past a few transitions now, and the verdict is: it didn't :ee:

with the way picco is doing the transitions, it's hardly noticeable to an untrained ear, and it will probably go past unnoticed most listeners. however as i said elsewhere, it's a part he needs to get right in order to bring his mixing to the next level.

it's really hard to get it across in writing only. i'll try to write it up in a new thread (while continuing listening to this excellent set :ee:) maybe other people have suggestions on how to explain it better.

// http://forum.ah.fm/djs-producers-corner/16379-counting-beats-counting-bars-beginning-dj.html

Last edited:
Piccoli, i've been listening to your set for the last two hours, and... aww, man, it's great! pure, uplifting, melodic music. i like this kind of trance very much and sometimes miss it. progressive, tech-trance, electro? ok, but there's nothing better than melodic trance. and your set contains only great uplifting tunes :wink:

Where can i vote? (massive of course :grinning2: :hug:)

Waiting for your next set. May the Force be with you! (and bananas too :lol:) :banana:

finished with it now, great :choon:s from start to end, good job :mml:

ok, im past a few transitions now, and the verdict is: it didn't :ee:

with the way picco is doing the transitions, it's hardly noticeable to an untrained ear, and it will probably go past unnoticed most listeners. however as i said elsewhere, it's a part he needs to get right in order to bring his mixing to the next level.

it's really hard to get it across in writing only. i'll try to write it up in a new thread (while continuing listening to this excellent set :ee:) maybe other people have suggestions on how to explain it better.

// http://forum.ah.fm/djs-producers-corner/16379-counting-beats-counting-bars-beginning-dj.html

you right, i didn't, i tried, but it's a bit difficult judging that while the track is going with the risk missing the transition, sometimes we need to think faster, well, what i am trying to do is smooth transitions, it's a style i like, not dropping the next track suddenly or doing a really fast transition as big dj's names usually do, and i hate to repeat the mix again with the same tracks over and over, first take and done.:lol:

but anyway i thank you for your advises and tips dfx:hug::)

Piccoli, i've been listening to your set for the last two hours, and... aww, man, it's great! pure, uplifting, melodic music. i like this kind of trance very much and sometimes miss it. progressive, tech-trance, electro? ok, but there's nothing better than melodic trance. and your set contains only great uplifting tunes :wink:

Where can i vote? (massive of course :grinning2: :hug:)

Waiting for your next set. May the Force be with you! (and bananas too :lol:) :banana:

scarlett!!!

thank you for your feedback, you know my style is and was always melodic trance since i started to listen EDM music back in the 80's and 90's:wink:

You can have sure i'll keep you informed for the next set i will do:)

and the :banana::banana: always with me:lol::lol:

you right, i didn't, i tried, but it's a bit difficult judging that while the track is going with the risk missing the transition, sometimes we need to think faster
fully understand that, it's all a matter of practice. check out the thread i made, take the time to do it all through. in the end, you will understand what i'm talking about. practice it until you get the hang of it, practice with single transitions only, two tracks only, don't need to try to do a full set with that technique at first.

what i am trying to do is smooth transitions, it's a style i like, not dropping the next track suddenly or doing a really fast transition as big dj's names usually do
well, in what way you do the transitions doesn't really matter. what i mentioned the last time with the bass cutting and stuff was just an example, you should always pay attention to the bars no matter how you're mixing in particular. again, try doing my guide to the end and then listening to some other sets. you'll see that all djs do it like this, and for a very good reason!

and i hate to repeat the mix again with the same tracks over and over, first take and done.:lol:
fully understand that too, i'm that way myself :grinning2: that's why you can practice with two tracks only, doesn't take a lot of time and it's enough to grasp the whole idea of it.

Great job piccoli :bravo:, was very nice :)

Back