Avenger - Pegasus [Red Force]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
8-3360_header.jpg

Relatively new to the scene, Avenger is already creating big waves with a number of his productions. First up is "Pegasus," which has already seen early support from Armin Van Buuren and Above & Beyond on each of their radio shows. The original is a solid, energetic affair that features a gorgeous breakdown, a strange but beautiful saxophone-like lead and classic saw riffs that culminate to a rather warm and unique peak-time track.

Heavyweight Hungarian producer Sunny LAX is the first to step up for remix duties. Offering a brighter, warmer twist that's packed with lush pads and smooth synths, Sunny LAX incorporates several concepts from the original while adding the right amount variety to keep things fresh.

New talent Ex-Driver rounds off the package with a driving, energetic remix. Raw, buzzing synths and fast-paced drums set a solid foundation that's topped off by an epic and nostalgic interpretation of the original lead.
image-1.jpg

Original

The original mix starts off with a banging intro that reminds me of the old days of trance! Avenger clearly has a sound and they want to perfect it. It bulids and builds to an epic break that anyone that remembers 04'-05' trance would be proud of! Avenger is clearly not content with sticking by the norm when it comes to uplifting trancers as the main melody reminds me of what I would say as 'video game music' but despite that tag it is very beautiful and clearly is original. An excellent way to start of the package and a great signing for Steve and his label!

Sunny LAX Remix

Young Hungarian Sunny LAX clearly has a name for himself in the world of trance already and steps up too the plate here and delivers a blinding rework of the original! He uses alot of his signature production styles and shows why he has such a huge fanbase in the genre. This unlike alot of his previous work sounds very full and is a perfect way to start the year for the once dominating producer! Like the original it has a beautiful melody but it is kept similar to the original but showcases his production skills in making it sound different, just what a remix should be. Already a 'Web Vote Winner' on Trance Around The World!

Ex-Driver Remix

A first for Red Force is young and talented producer Ex-Driver from Russia takes the plate to complete this release. His remix stays true to the original with alot of the same sounds but has a more distinct 'Discover' type sound if you will in it. I really like the way he is able too keep the melody intact while kinda giving it a more uplifting style which harkens back to early Tyas and JOC. A perfect ending for a great release, and I hope to see more of this producer on Red Force in the future!

Conclusion
As the first Avenger release on Red Force this is a great way to start, all I can see is even better stuff for the future in the partnership!

9/10

Exclusive to Audiojelly:
AVENGER :: PEGASUS :: Audiojelly Dance Music Download Site

Websites / Myspace
Red Force Recordings.com
Sunny Lax on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Red Force Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Review written by Williamp

omg yes :super::super: been waiting for that one :super: loving this track so so badly :choon:

omg yes :super::super: been waiting for that one :super: loving this track so so badly :choon:

Avenger great friend of mines! Congrats to him massive release! :super:

Loving all the mixes... Original have to be my favorite, its so powerful!

Avenger great friend of mines! Congrats to him massive release! :super:

Loving all the mixes... Original have to be my favorite, its so powerful!

Original mix is also my personal favourite. Without a doubt.

Thanks you two for the amazing feedback :super:

amazing release!!!! loving all tracks. original best tho. :)

Best track of Avenger yet imho :) :bravo:

Back