Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarek

Registered
Reaction score
Now, usually any DJ will need a set of monitors for ..well..his mixing? Right? PC speakers usually don't do the job so well apparently..

Have any of you ever used M-Audio monitors before?

Starter stuff I know..but hey, its a step..right?

studiophile_av40_v2008.jpg

those are the AV40 right? from a quick view i must say that i don't like the fact that they're not both active, but instead only got the amp in the left speaker and the right speaker is driven by the left one. sure makes them cheaper, but i'd rather spend a bit more and have two fully active speakers instead. the BX5a are like that for example. can't vouch for their quality though, never used them.

personally i'm happy with my alesis monitors, good quality for a moderate price.

Yes, they're the AV-40s...

That's interesting..one speaker amp powering both...

Thanks for the new lead..that was really, in fact the point of the thread :D

I can advice Mackie HR 624 Mk2 or HR 824 Mk2 (depens on ur room size).

those are the AV40 right? from a quick view i must say that i don't like the fact that they're not both active, but instead only got the amp in the left speaker and the right speaker is driven by the left one. sure makes them cheaper, but i'd rather spend a bit more and have two fully active speakers instead. the BX5a are like that for example. can't vouch for their quality though, never used them.

personally i'm happy with my alesis monitors, good quality for a moderate price.

Yep. I bought some starter M Audios, left one powers the right etc, and to be honest thought "these arnt so bad actually", although I admit it was headphones up to that point.

Then I bought a pair of Alesis 520's and they're awesome, if I go back to the M Audios, the difference in quality, clarity, loudness (if thats what you're after) makes me think "how the hell would someone manage" lol. I'm no DJ though, just a listener and learning to produce.

I'd save some pennies and get something a little better, its gonna be worth it it the long run.

M Audios soundcards however, are full of win :music:

I'm using two KRK RP-6 G2's with a ESI Juli@ soundcard with some ISO pads to isolate the sound. The sound is very good for me, it could be boosted perhaps by using some acoustic foam on my rear wall, but I find they produce a very good clear sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back