Mike Sonar - Luna / Beyond The World [Infrasonic Recordings]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
51328150.jpg

Alot of new producer names have popped up this month. Mike Sonar is a new Polish talent whom Infrasonic Recordings decided to sign a record deal with, and with good reason. Mike's brand new single has already recieved support on Above & Beyonds weekly show Trance Around The World and as well on Armin van Buurens world famous show A State Of Trance. Infrasonic Recordings presents an EP which is 100 % Mike Sonar. Read on to learn more...
tnl002d4df03caaf2758391.jpg

Review
I am always sceptic when I approach a new release by an unknown producer. But after marking Luna and hitting the play button in my winamp player it only took me a few seconds to realize that what was about to come was good. The kick drum is nice and firm and the snare drum sounds simple, but yet so perfect. The next thing introduced is a kind of bouncy loop which bursts a sound that you do not hear every day in a production. I am finding it hard to describe what it sounds like. Behind this mysterious sound a nice melody starts to rise. A quick rising sweep launches a heavy and dominating electro tinged bassline. This bass has a very deep and driving force to it but maybe just a bit too heavy. Mike keeps the break rather short which is something I am thrilled about. And the melodies are fantastic. While listening I am having a bit of a nostalgic moment, as the melodies are taking me back to some of the first times I listened to productions from Ralphie B.

Second track is called Beyond The World. This track is much more uplifting. The snare (or clap) is much more flat and wet and an early sign of upbeat trance. The kick is still staying hard and punchy. The melodies are much more aggressive and fluent and you even get a good amount of these before the break. Complete silent mode when the break enters and sounds slowly starts to develop. Some beautiful synth strings appears like light sparkles. This combined with an amazon-like melody gives this tune such a pleasent feel.

Verdict
There is nothing like a good surprise. And this is just what this single is. I did not expect too much but Mike Sonar proved his worth on this label, and Infrasonic proved that they know how to spot a quality single. I am not a fan of the electro bassline in Luna but I do know that this sound is quite popular which is why I am not going to further critizise it. The melodies in Luna outstanding and the build is great. Beyond The World is much more my style. The synths are unique and the track sounds so far from a b-side. 9/10!

Exclusive to Audiojelly now!:
MIKE SONAR :: E.P :: Audiojelly Dance Music Download Site

Full release: 13.04.2009

Don't forget to check out the new Infrasonic website!

Websites:
Infrasonic Recordings : Home

Myspace:
Infrasonic-Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Mike Sonar on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Luna i didn't really like. But Beyond The World is amazing! Lovely melody. :super:

Luna i didn't really like. But Beyond The World is amazing! Lovely melody. :super:

+1... Luna is nothing special, but Beyond the world... woooooow.. :choon: Finally released after months of waiting:):)

Infrasonic1000x1000logocopy-1.jpg

INFRAP016 'MIKE SONAR - E.P'

1. Luna
2. Beyond The World

Infrasonic continue to push the boundaries with the introduction of another new addition to the team in the shape of Mike Sonar for release number 16.

Hailing from Poland Mike is one of the new breed of producers to emerge from a nation that continues to bring the trance scene some of the most innovative records around and he opens his account in style with his two part E.P.

First up is the electronic trancer Luna. From start to finish this simple bass driven track never lets up. Simplicity is certainly the key on both tracks but is more evident in Luna with its simple structure and beautiful melody with Mike proving that Less is certainly more when executed in the correct manner. A massive introduction from a guy set for big things. Essential.

Beyond The World completes the package. Different in style to that of Luna Mike takes the opportunity to showcase his versatility with a more laid back approach this time round. Beautifully crafted plucks and pads make for a good solid trance number that will no doubt find favour with djs and producers alike who are a sucker for a great melody.

DJ / Radio Support

Support from : Above & Beyond (TATW x 3), Armin Van Burren (ASOT), Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk (Vonyc), Sebastian Brandt, Heatbeat, Aly & Fila, Agnelli & Nelson, Activa, Jon O'Bir, Duderstadt, Tom Colontonio, Mike Shiver, Dj Shah, Pedro Del Mar, Chris Chambers, Digital Nature, Andy Duguid, Sid Van Riel, Ronski Speed, Mark Eteson, Manuel Le Saux, Ian Betts, Ben Gold, Robert Nickson, Talla XL, Duende, Ernesto & Bastian, M.I.K.E, Alex M.O.R.P.H, Daniel Kandi, Andy Moor, Ruben De Ronde, Fast Distance, Vast Vision, Paul Miller plus many more..........

Available to buy on Pre-order CD from:

INFRA016CD.jpg

CDJshop.com Flash Detection / Redirection... please wait

Available to download exclusively from:

Audiojelly - Dance Music Download Store

From today.

And forthcoming at:

www.Beatport
Trackitdown - Dance Music MP3/WAV/Merchandise Distribution Centre
www.Dance-Tunes.com
Dance mp3 & WAVs: over 900,000 dance music tracks at Juno Download Juno Download
Apple - Download music and more with iTunes. Play it all on iPod.

Forthcoming Releases on Infrasonic

INFRA017 Sunquest Feat. Josie - A Little Bit Special
(Inc. Airbase, Sundriver, Andrelli & Blue, Radio mixes)

INFRA018 Six Senses Pres. Electronic Nova - Cosmic Belt
(Inc. Onova, Pulstate, Manuel Le Saux & Astuni, Dima Krasnik mixes)

All release news can now be found at our new home: Infrasonic Recordings : Home

Back