Pulze - Feel [Perceptive Recordings]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tn261815header.jpg

It is time for another doze of trance music from Perceptive Recordings. This single comes from the guy who did an amazing job remixing 'When I Find You' by Reconceal. This producer is hailing from the Farao Islands right between the Northern Atlantic and the Norwegian Sea. His real name is Jón Jensen but he goes by the name Pulze and he has delived a melodic stormer in this tune. We have a rather exciting remix package once again and first is from Adam Szabo who is also known as Adam van Baker or X-Plorations. Second is from Anjunabeats artist Cramp with a progressive version. Last one is from Hodel (1 half of Foundry) and Mr. Sean Truby.
tncs140917702abig.jpg

1. Feel (Original Mix) (7:45)
2. Feel (Adam Szabo Remix) (7:45)
3. Feel (Cramp Remix) (8:18)
4. Feel (Hodel & Truby Remix) (8:40)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review

Original Mix
This tune already feels uplifting from the first few seconds. The banging drums and the acid-like and metallic sounding synth line gives it a good lift. Sweeps of different character leaves you entertained before the melodies are starting to set in. It takes 3 minutes to reach the breakdown but before that he has managed to keep a good level and balance of melodies and excitement. The lush sounds certainly also makes the wait worth it. The break is massive with the beautiful pads and sweet melodies. This is a real 'feel good' track. I also like that he has kept the tempo at a 136 beats per minute as pushing it to 140 would have killed the spot on calm feel vs. uplifting balance he maintaines throughout the track.

Adam Szabo Remix
If you like Szabo's 'Altra', then this one if for you. Adam demonstrates his ability to create melodies. The melodies aside, he has injected some extra power in this track and the sectret is some sick synth hooks. They keep on going in the background and are my favourite ingredients. As expected we are dealing with a fast paced track with slamming drums. He has a rolling bass going on and some good melodies as well. And now back to his track 'Altra'; the riffs he used in the break are exactly the kind he used in that track, only on a whole new and better level. The sounds are not as sharp and more pleasent to listen to. This should please those fans who have been begging for more of that kind.

Cramp Remix
I love when a track has one are more distinct sounds in the intro. Gareth Emery is the master of squeezing something interesting into his tracks. Perfect as the crowd will recognize the track in an instant. Cramp also used an interesting synth in the beginning of the track. It has a bit of house vibe to it. He has re-used the melodies from the original theme but of course added a light twist. The break is not as interesting as I had hoped for but the piano lines he put in there are gorgeous. The pay-off however is massive as it explodes in a huge lead pad. Wonderful progressive trance remix here.

Hodel & Truby Remix
Last up is a more aggressive remix. The drums are much harder and the signature clap with a long tail is there as well. They have added a heavy driving bass which goes well along with the looped melodies in the background. This remix is much more well suited for the big rooms compared to the other mixes. It is a pounding track and it feels a bit more well crafted on the technical side. Bangin'!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Verdict
Perceptive have really reached an impressive quality level. Since PR012 (Miquë) the standard has been higher than ever and I can only hope that this will continue. I am finding it really hard to pick a favourite this time. There are certain sound elements in each track that blew me away but at the end of the day I would go for the Cramp version. The theme seems to work wonders in his version and the main lead is amazing. 'Altra' fans should head straight for the you-know-which remix.

Available @ CDJshop

pr017cd.jpg

Click here to order a copy

Websites:
Perceptive Recordings - www.perceptive-recordings.com

Myspace:
Perceptive Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Pulze on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
CRAMP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
MySpace.com - Hodel / Foundry - 22 - Male - Stockholm, Stockholms län - www.myspace.com/djhodel
Sean Truby on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Preview samples:
Feel by PULZE on 192 mp3, 320 mp3, wav at Juno Download

I love Original mix and Cramp remix :super: both are massive \o/

Feel (Hodel & Truby Remix) amazing remix.

btw.LOL at mate.

Original, Adam and Cramp Remix. lol. Adam Szabo remix is to funny thats why i like it.:rofl:

Beatport Exclusive Date: 13/04/2009
Out Everywhere On: 27/04/2009

Back