Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why no EDM in Sweden?

AH Listener

Why no EDM in Sweden?

Please some one tell me why Sweden is so scared of dance music?

I have moved here from England and all I ever hear about is Rock, Pop and the fuc*ing Eurovision (melodifestival)

So come on guys/gals lets see some fuc*ing hands. Who here likes Dance/Trance/Hard Trance etc etc?

What I dont understand is there is so much land/old farms.old factories that would be great to have a massive session, but no one does it...so lets start something in Sweden and do something worth talking about back home. Its not hard, I done it many times in the UK. Get some speakers add some lights and then a dash of DJing and you got yourself a fuc*ing mad one!

Quote Originally Posted by NDRING View Post
    Please some one tell me why Sweden is so scared of dance music?

I have moved here from England and all I ever hear about is Rock, Pop and the fuc*ing Eurovision (melodifestival)

So come on guys/gals lets see some fuc*ing hands. Who here likes Dance/Trance/Hard Trance etc etc?

What I dont understand is there is so much land/old farms.old factories that would be great to have a massive session, but no one does it...so lets start something in Sweden and do something worth talking about back home. Its not hard, I done it many times in the UK. Get some speakers add some lights and then a dash of DJing and you got yourself a fuc*ing mad one!

im not from Sweden but i do know theres loads of Great EDM DJ's and Producers there. especially in the EDM fields of Hard Trance and Goa Trance

here are a few names to check out via google:

Ultraform
    Ka-Sol
    Filteria (originally born in Greece, but now lives in Stockholm, Sweden)
    Mauguzun
    Aex
    Ethereal

My mixcloud page ;) http://www.mixcloud.com/zenaltered/ aka DJ Zenthetix ^^

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered-Mind View Post
    im not from Sweden but i do know theres loads of Great EDM DJ's and Producers there. especially in the EDM fields of Hard Trance and Goa Trance

here are a few names to check out via google:

Ultraform
    Ka-Sol
    Filteria (originally born in Greece, but now lives in Stockholm, Sweden)
    Mauguzun
    Aex
    Ethereal

cheers mate, will have a hunt about see what turns up i know there are some edm in stockholm, but anywhere else ijust seemes dry, not a synth in sight

cheers mate, will have a hunt about see what turns up i know there are some edm in stockholm, but anywhere else ijust seemes dry, not a synth in sight
    Yeah, it's pretty much only mainstream music thats popular up here, it's a shame. Although, if you would create an event like that, I would show up for sure!

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much only mainstream music thats popular up here, it's a shame. Although, if you would create an event like that, I would show up for sure!

Im tempeted, very tempted. Problem is how to get a crowd together in Sweden. At the moment its just you and me!

I'm there for sure ;) and bringing friends

AH Listener
    I have had a quick nose around and found a few places/people that like to trance it out.

Im always keeping an eye out for empty buildings that would be perfect for a rave, there are a few around here, but that is a long way from the north.

Where would you guys think it would be best to set up a one night only rave?

Bang in the middle of sweden?

and more importantly...DJs. I can DJ, and by that I mean I can beat match on my old age decks and shit mixer. ..

if we can get confirmed numbers I will put 110% into getting this to work

Im off to england next friday and back the sunday just to rave...that is shocking!!

Would be easiest to get people to come around the Stockholm area I'm sure.. also I live here

AH Listener

Makes sense to keep close to the larger city

One of the main reasons is that no clubowner outside of Stockholm is willing to try something new. They are only satisfied when they get alot of people in that buy's booze and dances to whatever crap the "dj" is playing.
    EXTRA EXTRA!! You can now download all my mash up's at soundcloud.com/fredacler!

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by FredAcler View Post
    One of the main reasons is that no clubowner outside of Stockholm is willing to try something new. They are only satisfied when they get alot of people in that buy's booze and dances to whatever crap the "dj" is playing.

Hehe Good use of quotations. It really annoys me to listen to "DJs" in clubs that are doing nothing other than pressing play into the next track.

Sweden as a whole i not quick on the uptake of new things outside of the larger cities (well this is my opinion, its not a negative comment just an observation) so I can see why this "new and confusing electronic music" scares them.

Why change? If it aint broke dont fix it....thats a bad attitude to have in this industry as you will quickly find yourself left behind when someone who does take risks starts up down the road!

The first thing that really needs to change is the radio stations. I pay my TV license (which goes to the radio services) but there is nothing on there for me, its all pop POP and acustic POP. They need a dance show to the likes of Judge Jules on BBC radio1, or even ASOT...what ever there needs to be one that gets people from around Sweden to realise that there are other people who like the same music. Maybe becuase I live outside of the city I dont hear this stuff, but is there such a radio station in Stockholm? Were banging tunes are played, people ring up on the friday/saturday and say what they are upto for the evening, DJ interviews etc?

Oh so true!! Couldn't agree more
    EXTRA EXTRA!! You can now download all my mash up's at soundcloud.com/fredacler!

Im tempeted, very tempted. Problem is how to get a crowd together in Sweden. At the moment its just you and me!
    me 2

Hehe Good use of quotations. It really annoys me to listen to "DJs" in clubs that are doing nothing other than pressing play into the next track.

Sweden as a whole i not quick on the uptake of new things outside of the larger cities (well this is my opinion, its not a negative comment just an observation) so I can see why this "new and confusing electronic music" scares them.

Why change? If it aint broke dont fix it....thats a bad attitude to have in this industry as you will quickly find yourself left behind when someone who does take risks starts up down the road!

The first thing that really needs to change is the radio stations. I pay my TV license (which goes to the radio services) but there is nothing on there for me, its all pop POP and acustic POP. They need a dance show to the likes of Judge Jules on BBC radio1, or even ASOT...what ever there needs to be one that gets people from around Sweden to realise that there are other people who like the same music. Maybe becuase I live outside of the city I dont hear this stuff, but is there such a radio station in Stockholm? Were banging tunes are played, people ring up on the friday/saturday and say what they are upto for the evening, DJ interviews etc?

check out Club Peak in Gothenburg, they arrange EDM events from time 2 time and the sad thing is that not many ppl are coming, only the "stammisar" i don´t understand why its soooo hard to get ppl to these events ??? they really make efforts to bring the EDM stage to the westcoast... now that Mondaybar has the eastcoast i know i can´t compare these 2 but at least they are doing their best...

i would loooove to see the EDM stage grow in Sweden - How can we make it ???? i´m soooo f'ing tired of all the R&B/hiphop shit around in the clubs even HOUSE even though its closer to our kind of music than that other C(RAP) ...makes me sick but apparently there is a "need" for this amaaazing genre
    Addicted 2 TRANCE

Varför engelska? Jag och de svenska dj´s och producenter har diskuterat detta ett antal ggr och kommit fram till det enkla svaret att den svenska musikmarknaden hamnat i en ond spiral av schlager och Idol "musik" och med tanke på hur marknaden ser ut så är det ingen som vågar pusha alternativ musik i svensk media. Det är en sådan liten marknad och det stora bolagen styr allt från top till tå här. Finns ingen konkurrens i radio, tv och klubb.. Alla kör följa jon.. Spelar NRJ tex en låt some de tillsammans med Sony Music tex kommit fram till att detta "ska" bli en hit så blir det så och alla de mindre stationer följer efter för de tror att de är vad folk vill höra oavsätt vad de är för skit.

Halva året går åt till att tjata ut alla schlager låtar till man vill hänga sig och sedan precis när det börjar avta lite så är det Idols tur. OCH sen får vi en släng med alla dessa hrliga dansband mellan ronderna.

Allvarligt vilken modernt land idag har en sån usel musik kultur som sverige idag? Inget land jag har besökt i alla fall. De har faan fetare klubbar och mer alternativ musik i Sibirien och då skämtar jag inte. Sverige var på top inom musikindustrin en gång i tiden och det lever "dem" på fortfarande de trångsynta gammla gubbarna.

House musiken har ju lyfts dock en hel del vilket jag ser som positivt, MEN de e bara en trend och kommer avta. Snart är det hip stutts som dånar på klubbarna igen.

Min poäng är precis som en vän som var här och hälsade på från Tyskland/Berlin och han sa det.. Vart e alla klubbar? ... Ja du sa jag det är inte i som berlin i alla fall.. Shit no .. sa han, vi måste slänga in folk och fixa bra dj´s varje helg.. annars går de nån annanstans.

Och ja de e ju sant. Klubbarna i Sverige har oftast ingen konkurrens alls så varför ska de spendera massa pengar på en dyr dj om de inte behöver.. de fyller ju lokalerna ändå.

Så vill du ha bra klubb och musik kultur så bor du i fel land. Därför drar ju alla Svenska talanger utomlands och signar med utländska bolag.

Musik sverige har sedan länge tillbaka börjat vittra sönder av egen maskin och jag tror inte vi kommer se någon ändring tills de står på knäna.

En positiv sak jag märkt är att ända sedan MTV började ta tillbaka makten på de lokala landskanalerna så har det spelas mycket mer alternativ. (MTV Sverige var nog ganska styrt av de svenska pamparna) I går kväll var det allt från Rank 1 med LED till gamla godingar med The Prodigy..
    =)

Jag nämner Radio och TV hela tiden för att det är nyckeln till en bättre klubbkultur. När jag var 18 var Trance det enda du hörde nästa på klubbarna i Sverige (1999) kanske inte så konstigt men det var det jag växte upp med och det var fantastiskt. Så det går, men måste få ett större kommersiellt värde eftersom det inte är nytt och hippt som det var då. DÅ kan vi få tillbaka detta tror jag.

Oj dett blev långt.. haha..

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    me 2

check out Club Peak in Gothenburg, they arrange EDM events from time 2 time and the sad thing is that not many ppl are coming, only the "stammisar" i don´t understand why its soooo hard to get ppl to these events ??? they really make efforts to bring the EDM stage to the westcoast... now that Mondaybar has the eastcoast i know i can´t compare these 2 but at least they are doing their best...

i would loooove to see the EDM stage grow in Sweden - How can we make it ???? i´m soooo f'ing tired of all the R&B/hiphop shit around in the clubs even HOUSE even though its closer to our kind of music than that other C(RAP) ...makes me sick but apparently there is a "need" for this amaaazing genre
    The problem with arranging dance nights "time to time" is that non-regulars wont be aware of it. I have never heard of it (although I dont live in the city)

We need a regular dance event that BLOWS all the other "clubs" out the water. I used to goto a great night in the UK called pussycat club (it was electro house, but its a nice break from trance) and this was on the first weekend of every month and it was ACE! something like this I think could work. keep it regular, but not frequent (if that makes sense)

I think the only reason people feel they have to listen to hip hop/rap/pop is because swedish radio BLASTS it out 24/7. If a place was available that was advertised and talked about as a great club then people would come, I can assure you. I have yet to goto a club in Sweden that when I walk in I go "wow, this place looks/sounds great".

Where do you go to get your EDM fix?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information