3rd Moon - Bliss [Monster Tunes]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
monster026website.jpg

Kamil Bigaj & Krzysztof Prętkiewicz are the masterminds behind the 3rd Moon project. Krzysztof Prętkiewicz is especially known for his many releases on Anjunabeats under his main producer name Nitrous Oxide. 3rd Moon have delivered some outstanding remixes for the legendary Dutch Somatic Sense record label. But more importantly they have been released a handful of records on the Somatic Sense sublabel called Profuse. Since Somatic Sense no longer exists, a production from this Polish duo has found its way to Monster Tunes. This new single is called Bliss and is a 2-track record with a remix from Monster Pure artist Hydro Aquatic.
tnmonster026sleeve.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Review
The Original Mix is everything I expected it to be. Straight to the point without being too complicated. Nitrous Oxide has used these electro-trance basslines in some of his own recent productions but there is none of that here, which is a relief. Instead they a used crisp acid-line synth and a standard heavy bassline. Both giving the tune that big room sound they have aimed for in all of their other productions. While the percussion gradually builds by adding on new elements the melodies are also, step-by-step, building up to that euphoric climax. The effects are wisely used in this productions and are never overdone. I am fascinated by the beautiful synth stab that occurs on several occasions throughout the production. It is a spine tingling ice cold synth sound which is shaped perfectly. Strangely this track took me some time to digest and fully appreciate but now I am enjoying it more, the more I listen to it.

On the b-side we find the Hydro Aquatic Remix. While the tempo is the same this remix is not as aggressive as the original. That is in the melodies and the bass. The percussion has been completely replaced but the melody follows the same pattern, but with a thicker synth sound. I am sensing an improvement in Hydro Aquatics production skills when I am comparing this remix to his first record. Much improvement on the technical side. Looking at his style, one could argue that Monster Tunes could have picked another remixer for the job. One whom could deliver an alternative mix which stylewise would offer some more diversity. But Hydro Aquatic actually did a great job remixing this tune. I am much more captivated by his melodies compared to the original. Absolutely lush melodies there!

Verdict
Both versions are equally good to me. However, i reckon the original version would be better suited for a club environment whereas the remix would be perfect for listening on the radio or on the home stereo. A solid record from Monster Tunes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where can I get it?

Get it on Beatport:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/164891/bliss

Get it on CDJshop:
3rd Moon "Bliss" [Promo CDJshop Single] | Monster Tunes CDs | Monster Tunes | Labels | CDJshop.com

Websites:
Monster Tunes : Home

Myspace:
3rd Moon on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Hydro Aquatic on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Join Monster Tunes on Facebook:
Login | Facebook

Monster Tunes competition (ends 13th April - hurry!):
Best Of Monster Tunes Vol. 1 (Competition Inside) at Trance.nu forums

KrisA you witch :lolz:

I was already wondering which one is better :lol:

I love both mixes :mask: amazing release worth of listening :super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super:

KrisA you witch :lolz:

I was already wondering which one is better :lol:

I love both mixes :mask: amazing release worth of listening :super::super::super::super::super::super::super::super:

For me its really easy with one is best! Original mix! :dance: Hydro Aquatic Remix is the same as the original but with awful mastering. :lol:

I´m a big fan of Bliss..............pure high Quality as i´m used from Krysztof....... Thumps Up!!!

n2o & Cell X. -------- Respect for nu uplifting!

gr8 :choon:

Great tune!!!Nice....tracks.

Back