Fast Distance - Pacifica [Monster Digital]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
mondig008website.jpg

Franz Hlusek is making his second appearence on the Monster Digital label. This is quite a follow-up. Fast Distance has been churning out release after release lately and we are now counting 14 releases since 2007. This new track is called "Pacifica" and Fast Distance delivered an alternative mix in a balearic style. Joe Garrett aka Temple One is on the remix duties.
tnmondig008sleeve.jpg

Review
Temple One Remix: A track that should please the fans that have been digging Joe's style throughout 2008. It is all there; his stomping kick, the crisp percussion and those massive melodic pads. The track has a heavy rolling bassline going on and some subtle synth lines underlining everything else. A track that will make you raise your hands during the pad buildup.

Balearic Mix: Surprisingly I actually feel that this version is the true gemm of this package. The style has a touch of Sundriver and Roger Shah, keeping things very melodic and progressive. It has a very cool and chilled summer feel and the bass brings this warming atmosphere accross. The track is perhaps a bit too long (with its 10:04 minutes) and it struggles towards the mid section. Still it is loaded with great melodies and an overall good sense of detail.

Original Mix: The original version is very much in the usual Fast Distance style. Fast paced and energetic. A strong kick, a reverbed clap and a light trance acid synth line are some of the first elements you hear. Furthermore this track holds on a pumping sidechained bass and some uplifting melodies. Frank added some great tension building effects as well.

Verdict
This would be one of the better Fast Distance singles I have heard so far. In fact I was surprised that this only had a spot on the Digital label and not on "Force" or "Pure". Balearic Mix steals the trophy for best mix. It sounds quite refreshing compared to the other two mixes but again, 10 minutes was maybe a bit overkill. Temple One also delivers in his mix and I suggest you check it out if you like his style.

Audiojelly Exclusive
FAST DISTANCE :: PACIFICA :: Audiojelly Dance Music Download Site

Available @ CDJshop

mondig008cd.jpg

Click here to order

Websites:
http://monstertunes.com
http://www.fastdistance.com

Myspace:
Fast Distance on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Temple One. on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

original is boring :lol:

temple one remix owns this release :super::super::super: I am totally in love with this tune :love: massive \o/ one of my current favs :dancing:

original is boring :lol:

temple one remix owns this release :super::super::super: I am totally in love with this tune :love: massive \o/ one of my current favs :dancing:

I agree original mix is quite boring. Balearic mix isn't so bad but the Temple one remix owns!! Its also my current favorite. :love:

omg :lol: yes 3rd edition and 100th rework of 1st original mix remix edit :lolz:

pff i prefer the 2nd edition and 70th edit with daniel kandi vs mike nichol emotional crying like a baby trance remix

Last edited:
pff i prefer the 2nd edition and 70th edit with daniel kandi vs mike nichol emotional crying like a baby trance remix
have you heard the paul miller ultimate sex fantasy uplifting to heaven remix?:mask:

Back