Cesar Lugo - Attitude EP [Monster Digital]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
mondig003website.jpg

Monster Digital are now counting 8 releases on their digital imprint. This however would be record number 3 in their catalog. Finally it is here. Cesar Lugo, from Mexico, has managed to blend in with the styles of John Askew, Activa, Tom Colontonio, Manuel Le Saux with his no-nonsense and pounding trance tracks. Read on to learn a little bit more about this fresh EP.
tnmondig003sleeve.jpg

Review

Attitude
First up is the title of this record. According to discogs this was the first record Cesar signed. However, this doesn't sound like a first 'try' but like a pro production. Perfect use of small but important effects - that at the same time are not overdone but gently leaves their mark. Sweet rolling melodies and a huge lead to put the icing on the cake. A very well constructed tune we are dealing with here and I would not be surprised if this is already being played all over the globe.

Closer To You
The 'b-side' is nothing like Attitude. We are still in this universe of fast-paced and uplifting music, but this production relies more on the melody. More of an epic and a unique production with the huge breakdown that sucks you in. Fantastic soothing pads, that have a violin sound to them (hard to distinguish if it is just layered sound or a specific instrument) are really helping to create a thick atmosphere - perfect way to support the lead. After the break it loses a little of that great spark it had managed to build but it quickly catches up again.

Verdict
This record was a so called 'grower' for me. From the first listens it might sound a little dull and generic but the more I listen to it, the more I realize the sense of detail and high production quality. Closer To You does a better job standing out from the crowd and it would be my pick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audiojelly Exclusive:
CESAR LUGO :: ATTITUDE EP :: Audiojelly Dance Music Download Site

CDR @ CDJshop:
Cesar Lugo "Attitude EP" [Promo CDJshop Single] | Monster Digital CDs | Monster Digital | Labels | CDJshop.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Websites:
Monster Tunes : Home

Myspace:
Cesar Lugo pres. Steel Prototype on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Join Monster Tunes on Facebook:
Login | Facebook

Closer To You is massive! Really reminds me of a John Askew track.

really really amazing job by CESAR!!!\O/ massive release. Attitude is so freaking massive. so great. just so massive.

Back