Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lazarus - I Am DJ (Competition mix)

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar

Lazarus - I Am DJ (Competition mix)

This is my mix for the competition being run at Matt Hardwick's website - the one with the same title as his forthcoming release!

Basically the comp was for you to do a mix as if Radio 1 had asked you to do the Essential Mix! Since I'll probably never get asked by Radio 1 to actually do one I guess this is the nearest I'll ever get! So I tried to push the boat out a bit

1. Global Communication - 9 25
    2. Moby - Everything Is Wrong
    3. Future Sound Of London - Her Face Forms In The Summertime
    4. Chicane - Early
    5. Crescendo - Are You Out There
    6. Salt Tank - Eugina (Pacific Diva)
    7. Art Of Trance - Kaleidoscope
    8. Swandive - Exit 101
    9. Jam & Spoon - Two Spys In The House Of Love
    10. Orbital - Halcyon & On & On
    11. Underworld - Juanita/Kiteless/To Dream Of Love
    12. BT - Quark
    13. Hallucinogen - LSD
    14. Union Jack - There Will Be No Armageddon
    15. Fluke - Bullet
    16. Faithless - Salva Mea
    17. Hybrid - Finished Symphony
    18. CMED - In You
    19. CJ Bolland - The Prophet
    20. Magdelayna & RMG - Back To The Stars
    21. Leama vs Madonna - Frozen Waterdrop (MDB's Forgotten vocal mix)
    22. Defcon Audio - Trailblazer (Lazarus breaks everything mix)
    23. Tearrain - Sleepless Fall
    24. Lange featuring Marcie - Loved Up Angel (XiJaro mashup)
    25. Oceania vs First State - Always Falling (Gomez92 bootshup)
    26. Nick Thompson vs Mike Shiver & Elevation - Hurricane Spice (Lazarus mashup)
    27. Hawk featuring Sasja vs Mark Arbor - Emerald Worlds (Vexilium mashup)
    28. Super8 & Tab vs Aerium & Jes - Suru, Dolphins, and Everything (Lazarus mashup)
    29. Luminary - Amsterdam (Super8 & Tab vs Smith & Pledger remix - Luke Blanc mashup)
    30. Robert Nickson - Spiral
    31. Akesson vs Barack Obama - Sunchaser (Lazarus Spirit Of Sacrifice edit)
    32. Ilya Soloviev - Sunwaves (Static Blue remix)
    33. Summerchannel featuring Fisher - 1000 Miles (George Acosta remix)
    34. Tuomas J - Life Goes On (Lazarus vs James Alexander remix)
    35. The Faithless Green Martian - Industrial Insomnia (Lazarus mashup)
    36. Nev - Battery Man (2008 rework)
    37. Med - In You
    38. Oxid Project - Before You Go (Likuida remix)
    39. Pervading Call Two - On My Mind (Ace da Brain remix)
    40. Oceania - Never Forget (Arctic Moon remix)
    41. Darren Tate - Fall From Grace

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Enjoy
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

i downloaded it 15 minutes before and listened now the first 10 minutes and was starting to cry 4 times about that amazing tracks you found in your deepest backseats *haha*

You must have a very very big collection....inbetween the first 10 minutes were 7 tracks i searched for years now and NOW thank you i know the id

AWESOME MATE

Holy Moly

Man

This is a real ESSENTIAL MIX

You are NOW on the same Cloud as my old ispiration Paul Oakenfold with his essential mix series

i need to say im very very impressed and very big thank to you to bring that mix to us

its the really best you ever made

E=mc² Become a supporter now
    I'll definitely have a listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by JayCan View Post
    Holy Moly

Man

This is a real ESSENTIAL MIX

You are NOW on the same Cloud as my old ispiration Paul Oakenfold with his essential mix series

i need to say im very very impressed and very big thank to you to bring that mix to us

its the really best you ever made
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCan View Post
    i downloaded it 15 minutes before and listened now the first 10 minutes and was starting to cry 4 times about that amazing tracks you found in your deepest backseats *haha*

You must have a very very big collection....inbetween the first 10 minutes were 7 tracks i searched for years now and NOW thank you i know the id

AWESOME MATE
    Cheers mate - yes I had quite a lot of fun arranging the intro - did it on CDJs until it just got too complicated so I arranged the snippets in Cubase instead. Basically I wanted to give a nod to all the artists I'd been into down the years in some form or another

There were a load more snippets I wanted in that just wouldn't fit because they either weren't in key or wouldn't work with the overall mix - it was devastating to leave them out but I didn't want the intro to become the whole point of the mix, but I'm glad I got to fit in the ones that I could

Glad you like it mate thanks for taking time to listen
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus on iTunes

Standing at the edge of time. (Actually Finland)
    Wow tracklist looks massive with all those classics and you have even included my favorite group of all time, Future Sound of London
    Follow me on http://www.facebook.com/DjTeroA | http://www.twitter.com/DjTeroA

Great tracklist mate, looking forward to hear it. I´m also impressed that you managed to mix it on cdjs - was everything prepared or was it mostly improvisation?

And good luck with competition - I´m also participating (just putting my mix in another thread here) and if I will not win, hope you do ;) (I don´t really expect to win but you know, you have to believe in yourself ).

Quote Originally Posted by F1D0 View Post
    Great tracklist mate, looking forward to hear it. I´m also impressed that you managed to mix it on cdjs - was everything prepared or was it mostly improvisation?

And good luck with competition - I´m also participating (just putting my mix in another thread here) and if I will not win, hope you do ;) (I don´t really expect to win but you know, you have to believe in yourself ).
    Cheers mate! I've actually got your entry on my ipod already and hope to be giving it a listen this week

Sorry to say I'm a total geek for pre-planning and this one was no exception! Although saying that I did change the tracklist a couple of times whilst actually mixing it

I've no illusions about winning either but it was nice for a while to pretend I'd been asked to do an Essential Mix hehe
    Lazarus on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by TeroA View Post
    Wow tracklist looks massive with all those classics and you have even included my favorite group of all time, Future Sound of London
    Their album Dead Cities, from which I took the track in this mix, is a bona-fide masterpiece
    Lazarus on iTunes

E=mc² Become a supporter now
    Just listened to your set Lazarus, and I have one thing to say:
    You don't get older. You just get better!

Absolutely stunning all the way, especially love the intro, I was caught by the sounds and mystery from the start and then it just evolves more and more.
    The track selections is beautiful and I haven't heard of 2/3 of them
    I am very impressed and this should go in Hall Of Fame!

Quote Originally Posted by Katadunkass View Post
    Just listened to your set Lazarus, and I have one thing to say:
    You don't get older. You just get better!

Absolutely stunning all the way, especially love the intro, I was caught by the sounds and mystery from the start and then it just evolves more and more.
    The track selections is beautiful and I haven't heard of 2/3 of them
    I am very impressed and this should go in Hall Of Fame!
    Thanks mate, really appreciate your kind words
    Lazarus on iTunes

Wow very impressed with this mix. Awesome tracklist. You can tell you have put a lot of work in to this mix and hopefully that will be rewarded.

The transitions are framed well. I espcially like the Luminary mashup.
    mantisdj.eu

top set sir, hats off

A strange at times compelling at times confusing but none the less always interesting set.

But for me the high point of the entire set was Super8 & Tab vs Aerium & Jes - Suru, Dolphins, and Everything (Lazarus mashup. This mashup of yours is nothing short of breathtaking and actually brought a tear to my eye. I had to listen to it three times before moving on. Very well done
    My Tennis Divas - Agnieszka Radwanska Jelena Ostapenko Garbine Muguruza Sabine Lisicki

Just wanted to add my congrats to the list...great set great tracks....enjoyable for every occasion...It's worth burning the CDs--2 pieces..don't have an mp3 reader in my car
    Dedicated to Trance - DJ contest Winner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information