Lazarus - I Am DJ (Competition mix)

Lazarus

www.defconrecordings.com
Registered
Reaction score
This is my mix for the competition being run at Matt Hardwick's website - the one with the same title as his forthcoming release!

Basically the comp was for you to do a mix as if Radio 1 had asked you to do the Essential Mix! Since I'll probably never get asked by Radio 1 to actually do one I guess this is the nearest I'll ever get! So I tried to push the boat out a bit :grinning2:

1. Global Communication - 9 25
2. Moby - Everything Is Wrong
3. Future Sound Of London - Her Face Forms In The Summertime
4. Chicane - Early
5. Crescendo - Are You Out There
6. Salt Tank - Eugina (Pacific Diva)
7. Art Of Trance - Kaleidoscope
8. Swandive - Exit 101
9. Jam & Spoon - Two Spys In The House Of Love
10. Orbital - Halcyon & On & On
11. Underworld - Juanita/Kiteless/To Dream Of Love
12. BT - Quark
13. Hallucinogen - LSD
14. Union Jack - There Will Be No Armageddon
15. Fluke - Bullet
16. Faithless - Salva Mea
17. Hybrid - Finished Symphony
18. CMED - In You
19. CJ Bolland - The Prophet
20. Magdelayna & RMG - Back To The Stars
21. Leama vs Madonna - Frozen Waterdrop (MDB's Forgotten vocal mix)
22. Defcon Audio - Trailblazer (Lazarus breaks everything mix)
23. Tearrain - Sleepless Fall
24. Lange featuring Marcie - Loved Up Angel (XiJaro mashup)
25. Oceania vs First State - Always Falling (Gomez92 bootshup)
26. Nick Thompson vs Mike Shiver & Elevation - Hurricane Spice (Lazarus mashup)
27. Hawk featuring Sasja vs Mark Arbor - Emerald Worlds (Vexilium mashup)
28. Super8 & Tab vs Aerium & Jes - Suru, Dolphins, and Everything (Lazarus mashup)
29. Luminary - Amsterdam (Super8 & Tab vs Smith & Pledger remix - Luke Blanc mashup)
30. Robert Nickson - Spiral
31. Akesson vs Barack Obama - Sunchaser (Lazarus Spirit Of Sacrifice edit)
32. Ilya Soloviev - Sunwaves (Static Blue remix)
33. Summerchannel featuring Fisher - 1000 Miles (George Acosta remix)
34. Tuomas J - Life Goes On (Lazarus vs James Alexander remix)
35. The Faithless Green Martian - Industrial Insomnia (Lazarus mashup)
36. Nev - Battery Man (2008 rework)
37. Med - In You
38. Oxid Project - Before You Go (Likuida remix)
39. Pervading Call Two - On My Mind (Ace da Brain remix)
40. Oceania - Never Forget (Arctic Moon remix)
41. Darren Tate - Fall From Grace

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Enjoy :music:

i downloaded it 15 minutes before and listened now the first 10 minutes and was starting to cry 4 times about that amazing tracks you found in your deepest backseats *haha*

You must have a very very big collection....inbetween the first 10 minutes were 7 tracks i searched for years now and NOW thank you i know the id :mml:

AWESOME MATE :friends:

Holy Moly

Man

This is a real ESSENTIAL MIX

You are NOW on the same Cloud as my old ispiration Paul Oakenfold with his essential mix series

i need to say im very very impressed and very big thank to you to bring that mix to us

its the really best you ever made
:bow::bow::bow:

I'll definitely have a listen to it! :)

Holy Moly

Man

This is a real ESSENTIAL MIX

You are NOW on the same Cloud as my old ispiration Paul Oakenfold with his essential mix series

i need to say im very very impressed and very big thank to you to bring that mix to us

its the really best you ever made
:bow::bow::bow:

i downloaded it 15 minutes before and listened now the first 10 minutes and was starting to cry 4 times about that amazing tracks you found in your deepest backseats *haha*

You must have a very very big collection....inbetween the first 10 minutes were 7 tracks i searched for years now and NOW thank you i know the id :mml:

AWESOME MATE :friends:
Cheers mate - yes I had quite a lot of fun arranging the intro - did it on CDJs until it just got too complicated so I arranged the snippets in Cubase instead. Basically I wanted to give a nod to all the artists I'd been into down the years in some form or another :music:

There were a load more snippets I wanted in that just wouldn't fit because they either weren't in key or wouldn't work with the overall mix - it was devastating to leave them out but I didn't want the intro to become the whole point of the mix, but I'm glad I got to fit in the ones that I could :grinning2:

Glad you like it mate thanks for taking time to listen :friends:

Wow tracklist looks massive with all those classics and you have even included my favorite group of all time, Future Sound of London :super:

Great tracklist mate, looking forward to hear it. I´m also impressed that you managed to mix it on cdjs - was everything prepared or was it mostly improvisation?

And good luck with competition - I´m also participating (just putting my mix in another thread here) and if I will not win, hope you do ;) (I don´t really expect to win but you know, you have to believe in yourself :) ).

Great tracklist mate, looking forward to hear it. I´m also impressed that you managed to mix it on cdjs - was everything prepared or was it mostly improvisation?

And good luck with competition - I´m also participating (just putting my mix in another thread here) and if I will not win, hope you do ;) (I don´t really expect to win but you know, you have to believe in yourself :) ).

Cheers mate! I've actually got your entry on my ipod already and hope to be giving it a listen this week :music:

Sorry to say I'm a total geek for pre-planning and this one was no exception! Although saying that I did change the tracklist a couple of times whilst actually mixing it :smile:

I've no illusions about winning either but it was nice for a while to pretend I'd been asked to do an Essential Mix hehe :)

Wow tracklist looks massive with all those classics and you have even included my favorite group of all time, Future Sound of London :super:
Their album Dead Cities, from which I took the track in this mix, is a bona-fide masterpiece :grinning:

Just listened to your set Lazarus, and I have one thing to say:
You don't get older. You just get better!

Absolutely stunning all the way, especially love the intro, I was caught by the sounds and mystery from the start and then it just evolves more and more.
The track selections is beautiful and I haven't heard of 2/3 of them :)
I am very impressed and this should go in Hall Of Fame!

Just listened to your set Lazarus, and I have one thing to say:
You don't get older. You just get better!

Absolutely stunning all the way, especially love the intro, I was caught by the sounds and mystery from the start and then it just evolves more and more.
The track selections is beautiful and I haven't heard of 2/3 of them :)
I am very impressed and this should go in Hall Of Fame!

Thanks mate, really appreciate your kind words :friends: :smile:

Wow very impressed with this mix. Awesome tracklist. You can tell you have put a lot of work in to this mix and hopefully that will be rewarded.

The transitions are framed well. I espcially like the Luminary mashup.

A strange at times compelling at times confusing but none the less always interesting set.

But for me the high point of the entire set was Super8 & Tab vs Aerium & Jes - Suru, Dolphins, and Everything (Lazarus mashup. This mashup of yours is nothing short of breathtaking and actually brought a tear to my eye. I had to listen to it three times before moving on. Very well done:clap2:

Just wanted to add my congrats to the list...great set great tracks....enjoyable for every occasion...It's worth burning the CDs--2 pieces..don't have an mp3 reader in my car :)

Thank you for listening and your feedback! :friends: I had a lot of fun putting the mix together and it's great to know that others enjoy it too :smile: :music:

I'll be sharing the three mashups very soon as well by the way :grinning:

Back