My thoughts on AH & The future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanderkay

Registered
Reaction score
First of all I'd like to say that I truely love AH and that I think it's an awesome radio station, and the concept is really nice, running sets 24/7. The community is great, and I'm glad I got pulled over by my old DI friends.

I have an idea though, I'm not sure wether you guys have already thought about it or not, but I figured I'd just share it, that wont hurt :) In the future I think it would be nice, if you split up your bandwith into 2 stations, having 1 station playing Sets (Like the current one does now) and a 2nd one, playing individually tracks (One big playlist updated regurly, but not with current year tracks only!)

Thing is, I love the sets and shows that are on AH, but sometimes hearing the same replay again and again, and the same tracks over and over, since many dj's tend to use the same tracks, I think having a station with individually tracks would be a nice addition, then you could change back and forth. Ofcourse it's just an idea that I (ME) find a good addition, thanks for reading.

adone

hello there, thank you for the idea, sounds like a nice one, but it comes with a heavy price with it, more bandwidth, more servers, and I would have to buy all tracks to play on air and pay fees for it.

The main reason why we do not have 2 stations is because we consider this community as "ONE" one family, i dont want to divide it up, there are huge discussions on the shows here while they air... replay policy is simple we replay all sets following day from previous day incase someone missed it, then they are available for download following day :)

Thank you for the nice comments mate, Im glad you like it.

hello there, thank you for the idea, sounds like a nice one, but it comes with a heavy price with it, more bandwidth, more servers, and I would have to buy all tracks to play on air and pay fees for it.

The main reason why we do not have 2 stations is because we consider this community as "ONE" one family, i dont want to divide it up, there are huge discussions on the shows here while they air... replay policy is simple we replay all sets following day from previous day incase someone missed it, then they are available for download following day :)

Thank you for the nice comments mate, Im glad you like it.

Why would you need more bandwith and more servers? Say you got on average 1k listeners now, you make a 2nd station running single tracks, then those 1k users will be divided on the 2 stations, say 800 listening to live set and 200 on single track station, so it's still the same bandwidth used. It's not like you're gonna get 1000 new listeners right away and need to upgrade your connection..

ONE family, as you call it, well I have caught myself more than once swapping away cause I've already heard that remix once or twice already, or heard the set the first time it was played, so no, you're not dividing anyone, you're giving them the chance, to stay at AH, but on a different station.

Regarding server, you can run multiple shoutcast servers etc. on a machine. And regarding tracks, I know if you wanted to pick out yourself, you'd have to pay etc. but I was thinking more along the lines of a Single track radio running promo tracks.. Make deals etc. with labels, most labels want as much promotion they can get, so you could pretty easily fill it up, when thinking of how many releases there are a month.

Well, just my 2cents on what could be a future idea, I'm sure you wont agree since you already clarrified you'd prefer keeping it to one station, but again, I'm just throwing out an idea :grinning:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back