Thread: Trance legal download stores & trance databases to know the proper tag of songs

Trance legal download stores & trance databases to know the proper tag of songs

I was just wondering if I could get more sites to my repertoire of sites I check when I want to find new trance music?

Usually I listen to some radio show (ah.fm/TATW/ASOT etc..) or browse the net, find a song and then buy it but sometimes the tag is wrong so I want to find more sources to check when comparing. For example La Guitarra (Balearic Remix) is sometimes misspelt as La Guitarra (Balaeric Remix), just as Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond Analogue Haven Mix) is misspelt as Above & Beyond Analoque Haven Mix). Since I'm somewhat of a "pedant" I don't like to have improper tags (on my ipod and on last.fm etc.) so this is what I usually do:

1. google(.com) both variations, see which gets most results (easy way to check)
    2. same as above but youtube(.com) =)
    3. check official listings such as ASOT tracklist (Armin van Buuren | ASOT) or other places where the song has been played
    4. check the artist/label site (fortunately the biggest in the trance scene have sites and info, some "minor, more unknown" artists are harder to find.
    5. check download stores such as itunes, beatport(.com) and audiojelly(.com) for the name they got on the site. I also check databases such as discogs(.com) and i read about them on information sites such as answers(.com) and wikipedia(.org).

So again, I request some sites or other ways of acquiring info on tracks/artists that have somehow evaded my attention :p where do you go to check for artist/track info (other than ah.fm ) Please share it with me and others who might want to know, thanks.^^

Last edited by Ryuji; May 17th, 2009 at 21:39.
    ~~

i see you didn't mention the Label websites, i should hope they are the most accurate
    Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened.

ah yeah, I thought of them as the same as artist, I'll add now so that I dont confuse people
    ~~

You know worst comes to worst you can edit the tags yourself..

tags

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post

I was just wondering if I could get more sites to my repertoire of sites I check when I want to find new trance music?

Usually I listen to some radio show (ah.fm/TATW/ASOT etc..) or browse the net, find a song and then buy it but sometimes the tag is wrong so I want to find more sources to check when comparing. For example La Guitarra (Balearic Remix) is sometimes misspelt as La Guitarra (Balaeric Remix), just as Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond Analogue Haven Mix) is misspelt as Above & Beyond Analoque Haven Mix). Since I'm somewhat of a "pedant" I don't like to have improper tags (on my ipod and on last.fm etc.) so this is what I usually do:

1. google(.com) both variations, see which gets most results (easy way to check)
    2. same as above but youtube(.com) =)
    3. check official listings such as ASOT tracklist (Armin van Buuren | ASOT) or other places where the song has been played
    4. check the artist/label site (fortunately the biggest in the trance scene have sites and info, some "minor, more unknown" artists are harder to find.
    5. check download stores such as itunes, beatport(.com) and audiojelly(.com) for the name they got on the site. I also check databases such as discogs(.com) and i read about them on information sites such as answers(.com) and wikipedia(.org).

So again, I request some sites or other ways of acquiring info on tracks/artists that have somehow evaded my attention :p where do you go to check for artist/track info (other than ah.fm ) Please share it with me and others who might want to know, thanks.^^

try cuesite/v1 might be helpful

try cuesite/v1 .all helps, trancescape lets go escape now down through the dark trees
    Last edited by nibbs; Jun 11th, 2009 at 18:27.

I usually like to check out discogs.com when tagging. It's solid.

Thanks guys, please keep on posting if you know more reliable sources^^
    I'm very satisfied now
    ~~

I always check on trackitdown.net or discogs.com
    The Finest Orla Feeney's Polish Fan

Thread Information