I was just wondering if I could get more sites to my repertoire of sites I check when I want to find new trance music?
Usually I listen to some radio show (ah.fm/TATW/ASOT etc..) or browse the net, find a song and then buy it but sometimes the tag is wrong so I want to find more sources to check when comparing. For example La Guitarra (Balearic Remix) is sometimes misspelt as La Guitarra (Balaeric Remix), just as Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond Analogue Haven Mix) is misspelt as Above & Beyond Analoque Haven Mix). Since I'm somewhat of a "pedant" I don't like to have improper tags (on my ipod and on last.fm etc.) so this is what I usually do:
1. google(.com) both variations, see which gets most results (easy way to check)
2. same as above but youtube(.com) =)
3. check official listings such as ASOT tracklist (Armin van Buuren | ASOT) or other places where the song has been played
4. check the artist/label site (fortunately the biggest in the trance scene have sites and info, some "minor, more unknown" artists are harder to find.
5. check download stores such as itunes, beatport(.com) and audiojelly(.com) for the name they got on the site. I also check databases such as discogs(.com) and i read about them on information sites such as answers(.com) and wikipedia(.org).
So again, I request some sites or other ways of acquiring info on tracks/artists that have somehow evaded my attention :p where do you go to check for artist/track info (other than ah.fm ) Please share it with me and others who might want to know, thanks.^^