JayCan - The Essential Mix Part One

How do you like ?

• Total voters

JayCan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there :)

Yesterday was the day....after i had this mix in mind over a long time and never find the time or the muse to do it , yesterday it happened.

Inspired by my dear friend LAZARUS and his I AM DJ COMPETITION MIX and hearing one of the old Essential mixes by Paul Oakenfold i did my first essential mix

im very happy about that and want it to share with you

it includes alot of new tracks and also a handfull of older ones you all know

The Tracklist is just ...puh...yess i just mixed and so it can be different of that what you read here..

if you find any mistake pls feel free to overwrite the tracklist :mask:

here we go...

1 Pedro del Mar vs Estigma – Angels in the Dark – Marco Torrance Filmbient Mix
2 Schiller – Stille – Album Version
3 Ingsha – Nirvana – Original Mix
4 Dyor & Friend Sashimi – Neverending – Dyor Mix
5 High Noon @ Salinas – Whales – Original Rework
6 Faruk Sabanci – Leaving Ankara – Original Mix
7 DJ Substance – Miles Away – DJ Substance Remix
8 Rozza – London to Bangkok – Harris C Remix
9 Dragor – Nebula – Original Mix
10 Stoneface & Terminal – Blueprint – Club Mix
11 ID – ID
12 Mike Foyle – Pandora – The Blizzard Remix
13 Manuel Le Saux – Reflex – Original Mix
14 Torsten Stenzel – Requiem – Classic Version
15 Schiller – Das Glockenspiel – Live Version
16 Airwave – Bartignolles Blues - ??
17 Luke Terry – Tears of Disbelief – Original Mix
18 Claudia Cazaku – Quatrain 1
19 Luke Terry – Slipping Sideways – Original Mix
20 Claudia Cazaku – Quatrain 2
21 Claudia Cazaku & Fabio Stein – Cazakistein – Original Epic Mix
22 Ram – Goodspeed – Original Mix
23 John O Callaghan – Find Yourself – Cosmic Gate Remix
24 Three Drives – Greece 2000 – Sander van Dien Remix
25 ID – ID
26 Cesar Lugo pres. Stell Prototype – Vitality – Original Mix
27 Knald – Knald – Original Mix
28 ReOrder – Indecisive – Original Mix

The Essential Mix Part One
right click save target as

For feedback always welcome

dont forget to vote pls

cheers
JayCan

Download now, bro! Comments later, like always!:bravo:

* Now Listening : 892 ~ Replay Sean Tyas - Tytanium 002 on AH.FM 15-05-2009 *

:book: G-mail .. .. .. :blink: :bravo:

:grinning: thanks for messaging me JayCan ! :hug:

ok, here is my personal account of my experience from listening to this "essential mix" (whose name, btw, i find somewhat misleading, as it uses another show's name and may make people think this was an actual EM...)

the intro was very well picked and definitely made me curious about where this set would lead to. i found it quite impressive and also the transitions between the instrumental/ambient tracks were well done, even though (i think) not perfectly in key. maybe this first phase of the set couldve been a tad bit shorter, but then the set soon picks up and moves to nice melodic trance. it then makes a nice progression towards more energy and finally reaches a point which i felt was the climax and made me get the :choon: smileys out.

however, this was then abruptly interrupted by track #14... while such an intentional "drop" and break in flow may be a nice effect in a set (and i definitely remember some sets whcih perfectly incorporate such an effect) and also the track itself may be well suited for this purpose, the set then fails to get back up to speed afterwards. unfortunately i felt the set didn't recover until the very end, as it continued to be dominated by lower bpm and less energetic tracks.

respect for the attempt to imitate the style of certain older EMs, but this is quite a steep slippery slope to climb and the challenge is quite tough (and of course this is just my personal view). the first half was quite excellent - the second part by itself was fine too, only the sequence made it somewhat awkward. i hope this provides some useful feedback for part 2 :)

Last edited:
Thank you DFX for this feedback....yess im with you, the second half had should been the first and the first the second ..then it had matched more perfect.

Generally im happy with that, some transitions were hard to do with the cdj 100 coz of the pitch bar...i need 400 soon :mml:

it definatly helps me for part TWO where i will for sure think about your feedback and for sure i will PLAN it before doing it....

This one was just...take some cds..put them in...yess mix it...oh sounds okay :mml:

Thanks for feedback

It is amazing man, and thanks for playing my tune there in the end!:choon:

Hi mate, I've had this on today! Sorry it took me ages to get round to but I've been trying to get through all the other competition entries before the voting closed :smile:

Love the track selection, demonstrates a nice appreciation of the some of the pioneers of the genre which is excellent :grinning2:

Mixing is very tight :music: Am very much looking forward to part two :bravo:

Just haven't had time for listening it yet :music:

i am finally downloading! sorry jaycan, its goin on the itouch for in depth analysing :p

Back