Marc Walsh - Never Far Away [Monster Tunes]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
monster028website.jpg

Monster Tunes are doing a brilliant job keeping a steady output and next release is not even far away. But first, a new track from Marc Walsh which would be his debut on Monster Tunes and even on the main imprint! On the remix duties there are some heavy weights! Activa who is pretty much man of the moment with numerous remixes out on different labels. Black Hole signed producer Existone and Neptune Project whom have had a brilliant release on Breathe Music plus an upcoming bomb on Armada called "Aztek" which has been praised by Armin van Buuren.

1. Activa Remix
2. Existone Remix
3. Neptune Project Remix
4. Original Mix

Review

The Activa remix is the first track and is starting out by filtering the various elements and around the 1 minute mark, release! He has given the track his energetic and pumping treatment with his trademark rolling bassline and additional acid lines. The breakdown contains the epic theme from the original version, but it does sound much more clean and crisp somehow. Sergey Zarubin is going for a more euphoric route in his Existone remix. He also keeps things moving and energetic with a thick bassline and some slamming percussion. The melodies are truly the elements that makes this mix stand out; slowly adding more melody throughout the track and finally delivering the full pay-off in the breakdown. Lets head on to the Neptune Project remix. The kick is just as rock hard as the one Activa used and I am loving the delayed synth stabs used in the intro part - they do however not sound very unique. The boys go for a carm and pleasent feel vs. the more Discover-type banging feel. The pads and the stabs are without a doubt my favourite elements. When you hear the original mix you will understand why Monster Tunes decided to sign it and you will also notice that the remixers re-used alot of Marc's ideas. The only thing I am missing in the original is a progression that is a tiny bit more exciting, but apart from that I am all over his melodies and pads.

Verdict
This is so far my favourite Monster Tunes record of 2009. The Existone and original mix are cause of that. They are of sheer brilliance and are both more than enough complete the package. I do however know that the Activa fanbase will go crazy over his remix and he did what he was expected to and supposed to, at least in my opinion. 9/10 for the Existone remix which I have already supported.

Buy 'Never Far Away' @ Beatport!
Buy 'Never Far Away' @ CDJshop!

Monster WWW
Monster Myspace

Activa
Existone
Neptune Project
Marc Walsh

Nice release but the melody is a rip off another track.

Nice release but the melody is a rip off another track.

lol funny that you mention that, I also felt like I could recognize it from somewhere. I did however not mention it in the review since I don't know from which other tune.

lol funny that you mention that, I also felt like I could recognize it from somewhere. I did however not mention it in the review since I don't know from which other tune.

DistantLand will tell you :lol:

Yea, the first time I heared it I felt I could recognize it too. From the 3rd minute, it's the same as Ferry tale & Static blue - L'Acrobat.

Last edited:
Yea, the first time I heared it I felt I could recognize it too. From the 3rd minute, it's the same as Ferry tale & Static blue - L'Acrobat.

Don't hear the similarities to be honest, and "Never Far Away" was made prior to "L'Acrobat".

Don't hear the similarities to be honest, and "Never Far Away" was made prior to "L'Acrobat".

reminds me of some classic, but can't figure out the track title

Guys, it's the same as L'Acrobat starting from the 3rd minute! :S

Back