Thread: Hercules MK2 or Behringer BCD 2000?

Hercules MK2 or Behringer BCD 2000?

I am looking for some advice about these two products.

I want to be able to mix straight from my iBook and home PC. Are both these products compatible with Mac OS 10.4 and Windows XP?

I know that neither the Hercules console or the BCD2000 are very serious pieces of kit, but I am only a beginner anyhow and it's what I can afford at this time.

What are your thoughts on these two consoles? Both of them have an included sound card right? So I can play one track and listen/prepare the next one on my headphones?

Mexico City, Mexico, Mexico
    Hey there, I have a BCD 2000 and I can say that is a really worth piece of kit.

4 Audio channels, 2 for monitoring, 2 for master, or combine them as you wish in the software you're pretending to use it, it also have ASIO support. I'm not so sure about mac compatibility, I've read that is possible make it work in MacOS but drivers and other stuff you need are not official, I really haven't tried by myself given the fact that I don't have any Mac.

I use it in Ableton Live combined with an Axiom 49 for my performances.

Remember that multichannel support is depending in the software you want to make it work. When you purchase it, they include you a driver CD, and a variation of MyXoft DSSDJ customized for behringer, you you can start mixing right away.
    > GvL

how much do you want to spend on gear?

Universal Language
    I say NEITHER

NuMark Total Control ftw!
    TOTAL CONTROL Portable Software Controller

10x better quality. Works brilliantly as a midi controller. The feel of the controls is a lot better than the BCD2000.
    Download @
    Podcast Subscribe @ Feedburner

Quote Originally Posted by dead_devil_66 View Post
    how much do you want to spend on gear?
    up to $250 on the midi controller

meh....with a little you could have the new Reloop midi controller...

do you want to use traktor style programs or ableton?

Washington DC
    i didn't start this thread, but i'm interested in ableton. what controllers would you suggest?
    -John D

how much do you want to spend on midi controllers? do you have a soundcard with cueing channel?

I think that the best MIDI control is Korg nanoKontrol. I use it on Ableton Live (DJing Mode) and on Deckadance. It has 9 knobs, 18 switches and 9 faders + Transport Section. It's perfect both as DJing console and as MIDI controller. And it's the cheapest one, here in Spain it cost only 65€. The worst is that it hasn't sound devices but if you want to preview the following track in your headphones you can do it with a multichanel soundcard and an ASIO driver.
    KORG Nano Series Controllers

no, its not the best. Its a good controller but needs to be used with other midi controllers in order to have a good interface control over the program

ok ok, it depends on how you're going to use it...

Neither from the ones you mentioned.I say,for 250$ and a bit more (like 30$) you can get Hercules RMX wich is better than MK2 and BCD 2000.RMX has a sound card built-in and works with all midi capable softwares.Another cheap controller you can use,is the Numark Omni Control.

Thread Information