Redstar - Awakening (Remixes) (Part 2) [Red Force]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tncs143680602abig.jpg

Here it is, the last, third and remaining part of the Awakening EP. Red Force has called on two of their own artist to do a mix and Fast Distance from Belgium is delivering a mix as well. Last but not least there is a fresh rework of the title track. Before I start the review let me remind you that Part 1 of the new remixes is available right now in stores.

1. Long Way Home (Fast Distance Remix) (7:42)
2. Long Way Home (Sunny Lax Remix) (7:47)
3. I Am Legend (LavKastor Remix) (7:19)
4. Awakening (Red Force Rework) (8:48)

Review

Long Way Home - Fast Distance Remix
Apart from the intro sweep Fast Distance have added a nice little detail in the beginning of the track. I'm not entirely sure what it is made from but it sounds almost like some noise from a radio or some vocals that have been cut to pieces. Just to clarify it, this is an uplifting and upbeat tune. It's not messing around too much in the introduction phase but quickly filters the melodies in and bridging the gaps between the different phaces with rises and small breakdowns. The essential thing is that it keeps on pushing as if the structure followed a strict upward slope. Long Way Home was a quality tune itself but I feel that Fast Distance picked a nice original way to do this mix - I am not feeling that much "Redstar" left in the mix and yet I love it. The vocal in the break is absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Long Way Home - Sunny Lax Remix
Sunny has been slated a bit lately for experimenting. In his defence, he is very much still producing epic and uplifting material and lately and now he has proved this on his Red Force remix duties. His interpretation of Long Way Home has an ultra crisp and clean sound - you definately sense this by shifting through the different mixes. His choice of different sounds is spot on; from the slightly funky bass, the big and wide lead melodies and the perc elements. This mix reflects the side of Sunny that alot of the fans will appreciate. Make sure you check it out.

I Am Legend - LavKastor Remix
LavKastor brings us a bit of a progressive and floaty mix with some mininal elements. He has snatched a few samples from somewhere and used it in the intro and they feel somewhat out of place. There are also a few drums elements that are out of tune. The way he build of the lead up is quite beautiful though. The progression is the same but the synth has been replaced with something softer and progressive house sounding. I think the good moments in the mix outweighs the less fortunate moments and in the end it ain't too bad at all.

Awakening - Red Force Rework
This rework follows the original recipe but does divert a tiny bit. According to the promo description it was meant to be including in Part 1 but due to some timing issues it ended up here. No worries! I like the additions which are a bassline and some vocals in the breakdown. You can probably discuss if this is any improvement and I haven't bought the idea of reworking it, completely, but it does still sound nice and fresh.

Verdict
Top remixes from both Sunny Lax and Fast Distance on this one! Even though I would usually prefer the style of the Sunny Lax mix I favor the Fast Distance mix which has some good ideas and standout melodies. Still they both get a 9/10!

Out: 06/07/2009

Red Force
Redstar
Fast Distance
Sunny Lax
LavKastor

loving long way home remixes :dancing::love: amazing \o/

Long Way Home - Fast Distance Remix

One of the best tracks of 2009, Massive tune! :love:

Redstar - I Am Legend (Lavkastor Remix) is a crap, this remix doesn't fit to this release at all

Redstar - Awakening (Red Force Rework) too techy :mask:
I am disappointed this release when I've heard all tracks

Redstar - I Am Legend (Lavkastor Remix) is a crap, this remix doesn't fit to this release at all

Redstar - Awakening (Red Force Rework) too techy :mask:
I am disappointed this release when I've heard all tracks
i like original:mask:

Back