Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane [Infrasonic]

Agger

Registered
Reaction score
560d1246833529-hensha-presents-lost-sequence-nightfire-infrasonic-cs1438615-02a-big.jpg

Dutch heavyweight Jorn van Deynhoven drops in with his debut track on the Infrasonic imprint Fastlane for release number 22.

A seasoned campaigner with work under his JvD guise Jorn delivers another absolute bomb.
Think nice fluffy chord progression and big hands in the air melody and you will about there. Alternatively turn this up real loud and enjoy one of our biggest releases to date.

Heading the package is fellow Dutchman Robert Nickson. A man who needs no introduction, Robert has continued to makes waves ever since hitting the scene all those years ago with hit record 'Spiral'. Again Robert hits all the right notes with his unique slant on the euphoric original.

Three more remixes complete the package. First up Infrasonic favourite Rozza with two carefully crafted remixes that once again show why he is one of the scenes hottest properties right now and a final remix from Haris C completes proceedings.

1. Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane (Original Mix) ........7:29
2. Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane (Robert Nickson Remix) ........7:19
3. Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane (Rozza Remix) ........7:55
4. Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane (Rozza Slow Motion Remix) .......8:36
5. Jorn van Deynhoven - Fastlane (Haris C Remix) .......6:39

Release Date: 27 July 2009

Infrasonic Web: Infrasonic Recordings : Home
Jorn van Deynhoven on MySpace: Jorn van Deynhoven on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Sample: Fastlane by DEYNHOVEN, Jorn Van on download at Juno Download

51328150.jpg

Here is a fresh release from the Infrasonic stable. The track comes from a producer who is mainly famed for his countless remixes for acts such as Majai, Roger Shah, Stan Void, Haris C, Mike Shiver and CJ Stone. He is a Dutch DJ and producer and hails from the city of Amsterdam. Infrasonic presents Jorn van Deynhoven. The remixes comes from Robert Nickson (NL), Rozza (UK) and Haris C (CY). Jorn's track has already seen support from Armin van Buuren and Above & Beyond, so there is no reason to doubt that this will be a big one.

1. Fastlane (Original Mix) (7:29)
2. Fastlane (Robert Nickson Remix) (7:19)
3. Fastlane (Rozza Remix) (7:55)
4. Fastlane (Rozza Slow Motion Remix) (8:36)
5. Fastlane (Haris C Remix) (6:39)

m5856db6f73d14a4daea395.jpg

Review

Original Mix
Jorn did a brilliant job giving Stan Void's "Transience" a proper club rework last year. I am eager to hear this original and so hopefully he won't dissapoint me. Fastlane is tight club trancer with a heavy bass, sizzling synth lines, and a delicious build-up. It's not the most interesting track I have heard this year but I think it would really work wonders to hear it on a proper sound system.

Robert Nickson Remix
A little more energetic and pumping than the original and the kick is slamming! I think Nickson actually succeeds pushing the lead more forward than Jorn did. Actually, I think that those two versions combined would make the perfect version of this track. Still, great energy and lovely breakdown created by Robert Nickson!

Rozza Remix / Slow Motion Remix
Rozza delivers two mixes this time. He has done some huge, and in my opinion his best, remixes for Infrasonic in the past. Some might remember his remix of "The Path" and "Imagine". It does not take long for me to realize that this one is right up my alley - as per usual Rozza covers the original ideas with his sticky, warm and magnificent melodies. I have always felt that Rozza needed some more space in his productions but still, the outstanding melodies makes up for that in the end. The slower has (duhh) been slowed down a bit and has a few delicious touches which differentiates it from the other Rozza mix. The lovely female vocal lays a perfect finish on the track and again, as in the other mix you can expect great melodies.

Haris C Remix
Big room trancer from Haris here. Liking his use of hi hats and glitches. These contributes to make the production a little interesting for the listener and sort of gives it a unique touch. Pay attention to the crystal clear pads and the tight and pumping bass. Haris also succeeds in bringing out some fantastic melodies in this track. Worth a listen for sure.

Verdict
I feel a little biased praising the Rozza mix given the fact that I like his style so much. But, I have been listening to the different mixes over and over and my conclusion still stands clear - the Rozza mix is the winner. It has so much more feeling and depth compared to the other versions. I was dissapointed with the Nickson mix to be honest and only thing I could really appreciate was the main lead in his version. Original, Haris C and Rozza Remix are strongly recommended if you dig uplifting trance!

Releasedate: 13/07/2009

JvD
Robert Nickson
Rozza
Haris C
Infrasonic

Really amazing release here

original and hars c remix are the best

Hey Mik. Weird, it doesn't seem to be up yet.

Hey Mik. Weird, it doesn't seem to be up yet.

Just been onto them again Kris. We have just started using them instead of AJ all the time and this is the second time this has happened. Apparently they are very slow at times so the matter is getting resolved finally.

Back