Can anybody be a DJ?

DreamensioN

Universal Language
Registered
Reaction score
YES!
Source: Microsoft Surface Blog : Can anyone be a DJ?

According to Joe Engalan at VectorForm, a Microsoft Surface Partner, you can. They've created an entry level DJ application that lets groups join in on the fun. This is when Joe's team isn't working on Microsoft Surface with car configurators, presidential election coverage, educational and medical applications to name a few. The DJ started simple, and grew from there. There's even an iPhone app. Now they've added some features like scratching into 2.0.

The first video is Joe and I going over 2.0 alpha (also in HD) and the second video is a demo performance in their offices on an earlier version. Any aspiring DJs out there?

YouTube - VectorForm's DJ v2.0 alpha for Microsoft Surface

YouTube - Vectorform - Surface DJ Demo 2

that's really neat stuff

but there's still many hard headed peeps out there that think that if you use software you're not a DJ

that's really neat stuff

but there's still many hard headed peeps out there that think that if you use software you're not a DJ

people who think such crap, they need to step out of their arrogant little world and grow up:bully:

its not so long ago those kind of people were saying that your not a dj if your using cds. Now practically everybody uses cds, unless of cause your dj Lithium:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Last edited:
hats down to dj Lithium, the guy is very passionate about the music and puts a lot of effort into finding his vinyls

personally i don't care if you use the kitchen blender to mix as long as it sounds good :ee:

people who think such crap, they need to step out of their arrogant little world and grow up:bully:

its not so long ago those kind of people were saying that your not a dj if your using cds. Now practically everybody uses cds, unless of cause your dj Lithium:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:
I have never used cds in my sets :bully:

hats down to dj Lithium, the guy is very passionate about the music and puts a lot of effort into finding his vinyls

personally i don't care if you use the kitchen blender to mix as long as it sounds good :ee:

I knew you would answer:p:hug:

My favourite quote from dj Lithium. And he said this live in the forum at Deserted Island.

djlithium said:
You guys suck you know that?
djlithium said:
You suck the life out of dance music. You suck the life out of DJing. You just plain suck...Go sfuk yourself ok?[/QUOTE

I'll go try that!

I have been software mixing for awhile, but just had an opportunity to aquire two turntables, a mixer, and around 100 random older trance vinlys for $200.

I think that as longs as a mix sounds good to someone, somewhere, then it's job has been completed.

I have been software mixing for awhile, but just had an opportunity to aquire two turntables, a mixer, and around 100 random older trance vinlys for $200.

I think that as longs as a mix sounds good to someone, somewhere, then it's job has been completed.

Wow, that sounds like a great buy:grinning:

that's really neat stuff

Like Club owners who don't accept anything less than CDJ 1000s...

i'm happy if a club has cdj 1000's, most of them don't have them ! :mask:

every single club i've been in had the 1000's

i can see tho the smaller places not being able to afford them yet

Back