Thread: Track license & publishing own mixes (for beginner dj's)

AH Listener

Question Track license & publishing own mixes (for beginner dj's)

Hallo everyone, i've a VERY beginner dj, and the better way to improve my skills is to get some advices from the public and from other dj's, but i've some question about tracks's licence and permission to publish my mixes.

I usually buy tracks from dance-tunes.com, but in the licence agreement they say that tracks are for personal use only and cannot be played in public, so how does it work? If i want to upload my mixes on site like rapidhsare o megauplad or any other site on internet, have i to ask permission to all the tracks label? or have i to buy tracks from certain sites (if so please post some links)? or i can freely use any tracks and upload my sets without worry about legal rights?

logically i DO NOT sell any sets or ask for money for my works. my sets would be free to anyone

Another question: in some mixes i've seen that the dj write even the track label
    (usally within square brakets []), why? if one day i'll publish my mixes i've to write even the label?

Thank you for your help, or just for the time spended for reading this..

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Affinity View Post
    Hallo everyone, i've a VERY beginner dj, and the better way to improve my skills is to get some advices from the public and from other dj's, but i've some question about tracks's licence and permission to publish my mixes.

I usually buy tracks from dance-tunes.com, but in the licence agreement they say that tracks are for personal use only and cannot be played in public, so how does it work? If i want to upload my mixes on site like rapidhsare o megauplad or any other site on internet, have i to ask permission to all the tracks label? or have i to buy tracks from certain sites (if so please post some links)? or i can freely use any tracks and upload my sets without worry about legal rights?

logically i DO NOT sell any sets or ask for money for my works. my sets would be free to anyone
    Hello have a look here:

http://forum.ah.fm/help-support-feed...dj-rights.html

Another question: in some mixes i've seen that the dj write even the track label
    (usally within square brakets []), why? if one day i'll publish my mixes i've to write even the label?

Thank you for your help, or just for the time spended for reading this..

You don't have to, but it can help the listeners of your sets to know where to look for more good stracks like this for example.
    \o/ Allende presents Magicdust - Fear & Paranoia \o/
    \o/ Hokkaido - Summer Wind (Hugo Gerritse Remix) \o/
    \o/ Too Many Artists - Blue World (Reaky Multi-Mashup) \o/

AH Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall View Post
    thank you mate for your link, very usefull, regarding broadcasting sets i'v understand that it's the radio station that has to pay royalty, not the dj, but regarding publishing djsets for download there is nothing about, so i've added a post asking for making avaiable sets for download, hoping someone read that post...

thank you again

Thread Information