first producing - what do i need all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbowcloud

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

i wanna begin with producing.

who can give me tips, what i need (SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, etc.)?

I play only keyboard, maybe someone can me help me to produce the first track, because u dont need only a melody (with keyboard), how can i produce the rest?

i hope someone can help me. im really really new with producing and it would be very good for me, when i know, how i should produce :p

so much greetings from germany
rainbowcloud

Hello,

i wanna begin with producing.

who can give me tips, what i need (SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, etc.)?

I play only keyboard, maybe someone can me help me to produce the first track, because u dont need only a melody (with keyboard), how can i produce the rest?

i hope someone can help me. im really really new with producing and it would be very good for me, when i know, how i should produce :p

so much greetings from germany
rainbowcloud
A good starting point is to look for a DAW that feels comfortable and is easy to use. Try some of the demo versions from FL Studio, Ableton Live, Cubase or when you own a mac you should try Logic.

Another big learning point is sound synthesis because you can not create sounds when you don't know how a synthesizer works and the main principles behind sound creation and acoustic.

Btw there are no "shoulds" when it comes to music, of course there are certain guidelines in music theory but these are just "training wheels" in my opinion.
A modern PC/Mac with a decent sound interface/headphones should do it for the starting phase and when you progress you can consider getting some nice studio monitors.
Check also this book: http://www.amazon.de/Dance-Music-Ma...ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1248104986&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Yep, JT is right, try and play around with various DAW demos, i'd suggest FL as that's pretty easy to get to grips with straight away. I self taught myself with tutorials and videos across the internet, and it's all about practice and experience. Regarding synthesis, I started producing properly back in 2007, and it was only a few weeks ago that I managed to make my first proper pad. I could have probably done it sooner, but I really didn't feel comfortable until now when I have a lot more knowledge than I did say six months ago. It's all about patience as you will not make good tracks straightaway.

Thank you Rainbowcloud for opening this thread.

Every time I hear euphoric melodic track, it inspires me to produce music, but I am absolutely clueless with music basics and instruments, while I am advanced with editing software and can get my hand on any package quickly.

Would like to ask you friends, what are my chances to produce electronic music?

Thank you Rainbowcloud for opening this thread.

Every time I hear euphoric melodic track, it inspires me to produce music, but I am absolutely clueless with music basics and instruments, while I am advanced with editing software and can get my hand on any package quickly.

Would like to ask you friends, what are my chances to produce electronic music?
I think thats completely up to you, all it takes is dedication and love for the music and the rest will fall in place.
When you want something 100% and willing to invest all your time learning what it takes to produce there is no way you will not achieve it. :wink:

Last edited:
When I began my producing venture I started with this little cheap music program, then I started to mess around with FL studio and learned to use it fairly quick.. I know there is a lot more capabilities with FL than I now but I think that would be a good start Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back