Breakfast - Air Guitar [Flashover]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
flash.jpg

He's back again and once again on Flashover Recordings. Casey Keyworth aka Breakfast is ready with his solo record number 6 on Ferry Corsten's label. In my most recent Breakfast review I rated "Remember / After Midnight" to a 10/10 and I'm excited to find out if this new track is on the same level. The new track is called Air Guitar and has already recieved support from many of the major trance jocks. This time there are no remixes or b-side, just a single track which should be quite sufficient since we are dealing with Breakfast.
tnbreakfastmedformat5.png

Review

Air Guitar
Air Guitar isn't on the same level as Remember or The Horizon which I would classify as Casey's biggest hits. It doesn't possess the same peak time feeling but I don't think he intended to replicate those either. Air Guitar is a nice feel-good 'opener' which builds up in its own facion. It contains the classic Breakfast elements, which are the semi-soft kick, the warm bass and the fluent melodies. The latter making his productions especially unique. This track diverts from the other big Breakfast productions in the break, where a guitar is being introduced and slowly being covered by a distorted lead. It gives the track a sort of rock edge instead of an euphoric feel. But again, I think Breakfast is telling a completely different musical story this time which makes it different.

Verdict
Casey can still pull off some big tracks and this tune has some good qualities. As one might sense from the review, I'm not particularly excited, but it is hard to do a follow-up to a major record and my judgement has been affected by this without a doubt. The standard is still high though in this production and many of the Breakfast effects n tricks gives the track a kick. If you dig the Breakfast sound, then this is highly recommended - 8/10.

Out soon!

Websites:
Flashover Recordings

Myspace:
Flashover Recordings on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Breakfast on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Last edited:
amazing like always :bravo::bravo:

not liking this one, his remix of peace was nice though.

Back