Redstar - Stronger Than Time / Into The Sea [Monster Tunes]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
monster032website.jpg

Steve Bolger aka Redstar continues to build his music resume; A memorable guest mix for Above & Beyond's weekly Trance Around The World radio show, some cracking remixes for his own label, Just Peak Music, Perceptive and Mondo. He has single releases out on labels such Enhanced, Perceptive and now also on Monster Tunes. His latest release is a neat little package including a special intro mix.

Review

Stronger Than Time
What I love about Steve's productions is that you don't have to skip the first 16 bars; nope, cause he actually manages to keep things interesting while still keeping the production DJ friendly. His soft yet euphoric and energetic style works everytime without sounding 'used' or boring. The melodies are kept at a sophisticated level and without bursting any cheese. His use of effects are spot on and the melody should gaurantee to sweep you away if you're into this sort of trance. You can also head for the intro which has a lush piano part.

Into The Sea
Into The Sea is not that much different from Stronger Than Time but the melody is still somewhat more moving and the pads really gets you. I guess you could say it has more of a happy theme and the build-up reminds me of his tune 'Awakening'.

Verdict
Great to see some new material from Steve. If you liked his Awakening EP, then you shouldn't be dissapointed by this one. The melodies are fantastic and the overall style is so wonderfully fluent and unique. Into The Sea tops it for me - the melody is just captivating! 9/10.

Monster Tunes

Stronger Than Time breakdown is nice, could get bored of this one fast.

Into The Sea sounds like rip off another track.

Intro mix seems to be a bit better, breakdown in original of Stronger than time original is great indeed

Into the sea :sleeping:

Back