XGenix - Daylight / Inside [Infrasonic]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
55241150.jpg

XGenix is duo straight out of Buenos Aires, Argentina and a growing act in trance music. They've already had two releases for two well known trance labels and they are now having a single on Infrasonic, and there is even more to come. This little single has a big remix from Swedens Jonas Hornblad and Infrasonic's own Six Senses.
tna12837701238302515.jpg

Review

Daylight - Original Mix
This track actually surprised me. The little rolling and delayed synth lines that keeps on returning is a wonderful addition. The melody goes wild and a few notes higher after the breakdown and it gives your mood a nice lift. Nothing revelutionary or innovative but it sure works!

Daylight - Jonas Hornblad Remix
Here is a heavy weight of a remix. You can resemble the similarities between this mix and Jonas' remix for Alex M.O.R.P.H. which was released earlier this year. He has used the same (or almost) bass as he used for that remix. It turns it into a pure beast and a groundshaker. There is still room for melody, which you get in the break from this little bright and shiny synth, then a saw lead and back to the bass!

Inside - Original Mix
Inside is much more energetic than Daylight but on the other hand not as elegant. It reminds me of some of Manuel Le Saux's earlier productions which always had some good melodies and ideas but a kinda flat sounding production. Still that drive from the bass and the percussion should satisfy some of the energy freaks out there and I could easily see Aly & Fila playing this.

Inside - Six Senses Remix
A bit tighter production and a bit of a more heavy sound. It burst a good amount of energy and the melodies have been taken to a better level. Without a doubt good to hear from Sebastiaan again.

Verdict
The Jonas Hornblad rmx is huge but could have done with a little extra addition to play along the bass. The original of Daylight also isn't half bad. Inside feels a little over the top for me as it just get too fast but Six Senses really polishes it in a good way. My pick would be Jonas' version.

Out: 10/08/2009

Infrasonic Recordings

loving the Jonas Hornblad Remix of Daylight, huge!:love:

both mixes of daylight rocks :music: :love:

inside is way to generic.. boring.. :sleeping:

Daylight Original Mix is so beautiful, i love it :)

WOW I Love "Daylight" Original Mix . Great Job XGenic Guys.

Back