Beatport - Black Eyed Peas Remix contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreySource

Registered
Reaction score
main_image.jpg

Contest Rules
From August 21st - September 14th the three-time Grammy Award winning band, The Black Eyed Peas is inviting all budding DJs and aspiring producers the chance to remix their hit single 'I Gotta Feeling', taken from their new album 'The E.N.D.'

This is the opportunity of a life time for any newcomer. The top 10 remixes will be exclusively featured on Dipdive.com, the online community for The Black Eyed Peas. In addition to winning a contest of this caliber, the grand prize winner will receive a Native Instrument's Maschine groove production studio, a Traktor Scratch Duo, a Pacemaker portable DJ system, and other cool DJ gear. Click here for full remix contest rules and prizes.

How to enter:
1. Aug 21 - Aug 31: Download the remix parts for $4.99
2. Sept 1 - Sept 14: Upload your remix to Beatportal.com/remix
3. Sept 15 - Sept 28: Cast your vote by 'spinning' your favorite remix on Beatportal.com/remix
After a period of deliberation, the winner will be announced on on or around October 15th, 2009.

jeeez ...this is really scary, now they are dragging hip hop/pop into trance, what's next...remix Pavarotti? :angry:

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk
I'm a gon get get get you drunk, get you drunk
lalalalaala

oh wait, wrong track xDD

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk
I'm a gon get get get you drunk, get you drunk lalalalaala

oh wait, wrong track xDD

Actually I liked that track LOL My Hump My Hump My hump :LMAO:
And the current track I gotta feeling ain't that bad either. I smell some potential trance posibilities, but ain't got the skills xD

Actually I liked that track LOL My Hump My Hump My hump :LMAO:
And the current track I gotta feeling ain't that bad either. I smell some potential trance posibilities, but ain't got the skills xD

and you have to pay for the remix pack? LOL

each time beatport or trackitdown or any other mp3-shop launch a contest, u always have to pay for the remix pack, so its not about black eyed peas lol

i didn't say was about them, just that i don't find its right, at least if it was some proper trance contest, but not for hip/pop, that word alone makes me cringe :ee:

If you think it´s impossible to do a good and non-cheesy remix of I Gotta Feeling, check out this version - B.E.P. - I Gotta Feeling (Bissen Remix) (link is to his myspace, then select it in his player) - already supported by Judge Jules and many others and for me this is the winner (and he did his remix even before beatport announced the competition, so he worked with the original tune, no samples).

If you want to remix Black eyed peas then you must pay for it!!?That is ridiculous, you have to pay for everything!! On the other hand I don't think many of us will do it because this is a trance forum and the artist is far away from this genre!!
pay-to-play.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back