Liam Melly - Flashback / Come On [Fraction]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tncs146884302abig.jpg

I have to admit that I don't know much about this Irish producer other than he has done a few remixes for labels like Perceptive and Infrasonic. He also have some tracks out on Ali Wilson's 'Tekelec' label. The only track I personally remember is his track "Arrival" which was released with a neat Bryan Kearney edit. Seems to be pulled from the shops, so I'm not sure what happened to that release. Anyway, hopefully this will be a good and exciting new release from Liam, so lets take a quick peak.

Flashback
It's a great feeling when you listen to a track and then think "hmm this is kinda boring". Then you put it away for a bit and later on you really start to appreciate it. That's what happened in this case as listening through the track while writing this review made me appreciate the details in the track. Flashback is quite energetic but not over-the-top energetic like many other tracks these days. The atmosphere in the break is fantastic and the subtle and beautiful melodies really takes you away. While the melodies are great and the entrancing acid synth line is perfectly balanced, the tune doesn't break out as much as I had hoped for, which is a shame.

Come On
The b-side is the harder one of the 2. It's fast paced, pumping and slightly techy. The break is not as elegant as in Flashback but the pay-off is a monster - it has a bit of Simon Patterson influence I reckon.

Verdict
I'm not sure if it would be fair to just pick 1 to recommend in this case, cause these are so different from each other - at least in my opinion. Come On is a proper club banger and if you enjoy Simon Patterson, then you should check it out for sure. Both tunes are solid and I see alot of potential in this producer.

'Flashback' on YouTube

'Come On' on YouTube

"Flashback" is really really amazing :super::wub:

"Come On" is a good track too (but 2 minutes of sampler is not enough)

:bravo:

Last edited:

Back