Jason van Wyk & Vast Vision - Oceanblue (Remixes) [Alter Ego]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
ae019jvwvvor.jpg

First I have to say that I am not a huge fan of vocals. Recently I found that alot of the big "trance" tunes are vocal productions though. Just last month there was "Helpless", "No Way Home" and "Freefalling". I have to admit, if the vocals do work, then I don't care about them being cheesy. This is the case with this single. I didn't like the first edition of this release but this remix package is really impressive and the vocals are really powerful.

Haris C Remix
Haric C's mix is as expected fast paced and aggressive. It's hard not to get sucked into his "piano coated" breakdown but overall I feel it's all too fast and in-your-face for me. He has still managed to mix up some good instrumental flavours and added some neat effects. Have to mention that I could have done without the glitch effect which I think is being overused in trance productions lately.

Deepwide Remix
The Finnish guys from Deepwide are back from a break with not only 1 but three remixes. 1 on this track, 1 for Redstar's "Evolution" and 1 for "Over You" on Infrasonic. The break they've created here definitely has the proper "wow" factor, at least for me. The lush guitar strings are perfect and the thumping bass gives the track a robust shape. The only vocal left in this version is a soaring "ahhh" effect which takes it to another quality level. What a comeback!

Supuer Remix
Another producer that I haven't heard much from lately. Will never forget his "Minerva" though as well as the remix he did for Deepwide back in '08. He is back with a remix which actually has got the "Enhanced Recordings" vibe to it. Nice deep and dark groove with some huge melodies going on. He really understands how to make room for both melody and vocal and it's impressive how well he has arranged the vocals - makes it such a pleasure to listen to.

Indian Sun Remix
The proper crisp underlying percussion, a good kick drum and some serious warm and sun-kissed melodies makes out this tune. The bassy melodies are very much like the stuff we've heard from guys like Dinka (Chris Reece), PROFF and labels like Anjunadeep, Silk Digital, etc. So it has got this housey vibe, but the melodies makes it perfect to sneak into the beginning of a trance mix. The main lead is huge and this takes it further and makes it even more appropriate for a trance dj mix.

Verdict:
Amazing vocal release here and it may be too early to say but this might very well end up being trance vocal release of the month for me. Surprised that every mix has such a high standard. Deepwide, Indian Sun and Supuer mixes are all strongly recommended!

Note: There will be Dub mixes available for Haris C, Indian Sun and Supuer mixes

Release Date: Exclusives @ Audiojelly 05/10/2009 // 19/10/2009

Youtube clips:
Haris C mix
Deepwide mix
Supuer mix
Indian Sun mix

new remixes. wow nice. looking forward on Harric C remix.

David & Carr Dub is the best one yet \O/

That tune actually had an amazing lead. Had completely forgot about it.

Thanks for reminding me :choon:
:iagree: breakown is so amazing!

i have it on one of my sets.
DJ Download

1. Jason Van Wyk & Vast Vision ft. Johanna - Ocean Blue (David & Carr Dub) :choon:
2. Arctic Moon & Truewave - On Silver Wings (Original Mix)
3. Reconceal - When I Find You (Banging Mix)
4. Talla 2XLC pres. Diskomo - Light Years (Away Club Mix)
5. David & Carr - Lost in London (Harris C Remix)
6. Reorder - Indecesive (X-Genic Remix)
7. Samara - Verano (Fast Distance Uplifting Remix)
8. Cesar Lugo pres. Steel Prototype - Vitality
9. Pawel Meller - Escape (Original Mix)
10. Technikal - Terminal Velocity

on new Remixes, Harris C Dub and Vocal are amazing. has completely different breakdown.:lol:
Deepwide & Supuer Remixes are also good.:bravo:

Back