Paul Allen - I Stand Alone / Contrails (inc Remix) [Unearthed Red]

Unearthed Records

Registered
Reaction score
8933_605993928388_223706718_8480814_3206790_n.jpg

After having the pleasure to release this very talented producer's awesome remixes for Aerium's Moonflower and Christian Zechner's Sunlight, we finally bring Paul Allen's first solo release on the Unearthed imprint.

Kicking off the package is a stunning track titled I Stand Alone. Building up with techy percs, subtle stabs and rhodes, blended excellently over a stomping bassline the track climaxes into a haunting breakdown using the melody to full effect before bringing in the drums and bass.

On remix duties is Skywings who have created a massive emotional track. Gentle fills and pads filter in and out over some carefully crafted percussion before unleashing an awesome bassline, reminiscent of Max Graham. Skywings tease melodies in before an epic breakdown and huge mainsection.

Contrails is the flip side of this release. Here Paul has allowed the bassline to take focus in the track with a raft of trancey, progressive and techy elements all blending perfectly in the mixdown. The breakdown is filled with a plethora of sounds from huge stabs to strings and gentle plucks before bringing in that huge bassline and the groove taking off into the rest of the track.

Rounding up the release is a remix from Abraham Leoga who is on hand to provide a great club mix of the track. Banging from the start, this mix means business, introducing plucks taken from the original, sweeping into a breathtaking breadown before all coming together in a fantastic main section.

Release info:

Release date: Beatport Exclusive - 26th October 2009
All Other Stores - 9th November 2009

1. Paul Allen - I Stand Alone (Original Mix) [Sample]
2. Paul Allen - I Stand Alone (Skywings Remix) [Sample]
3. Paul Allen - Contrails (Original Mix) [Sample]
4. Paul Allen - Contrails (Abraham Leoga Remix) [Sample]

Available from: Beatport, Juno, Audiojelly, Trackitdown, DjDownload + More

w: Unearthed Records on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
w: Unearthed Records | Home

Back