Thread: Electricity in QLD

Electricity in QLD

Hi trace friends!

I know this question doesn't belong here in a radio forum.
    BUT, im moving to a new apartment and haven't paid any electrisity bills where i used to live before. I have heard that queensland have the highest price rates when it comes to electricity..
    So here's my question, whats the most common price i could expect to see on a month? (It's a small apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2bath, small livingroom kitchen and laundry).

I need to put this in my budget to see if i really can afford it..

PS; Moderators, feel free to delete this if this was wrong of me

Universal Language
    Hi JaniX - the cost of electricity in QLD is around 17 cents per Kilowatt Hour. There are a number of electrical providers, but they all are fairly similar in price. I've just recently build a 4 bedroom house, but its only myself and my girlfriend living in it at the moment.

We have several appliances such as a fridge, deep freezer, 2 computers, plasma TV, LCD tv, and ducted air conditioning (which we've used a few times over the winter months here).

Our electricity bill for the last 3 full months was $430. Now that sounds like a lot, but bear in mind, this is a 4 bedroom + study, double story house I'm talking about. So that includes all the power for appliances, lighting, heating, hot water etc.

For what you're talking about, it would be considerably less. Depending on your appliances and how often you left everything on - I would expect a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment to be half the cost of running a big house. Or probably less than half.

However, if you know how much power you use on average - the going rate in QLD is $0.17/KwH - and you can calculate it from that.
    Download @
    Podcast Subscribe @ Feedburner

Thread Information