Defcon Audio - Trailblazer [Defcon Recordings]

Lazarus

www.defconrecordings.com
Registered
Reaction score
Release date 16th December 2009 :grinning:

493-7189_600.jpg

Defcon Recordings is a new British label dedicated to releasing quality trance from exciting upcoming producers within the industry. Defcon is an independent venture motivated only by a deep love of the music rather than profit, and we share all our copyrights with our remixers as well as our artists to ensure that we are all in this together. Trailblazer is their first release and the work of a three-way collaboration between the people behind the label - studio engineer and former Tune Inn Records manager James Alexander, trance DJ Lazarus, and classically-trained pianist Richard J. Thorpe.

Originally it was planned to be released in 2008, with remixes from Med, Magdelayna, and Phil Metcalfe, which received some support from DJs such as Pedro Del Mar, Jurrane, Ronny K, Firestorm, and many more, but instead, all the original mixes have since been reworked for 2009, along with several new offerings. The 2009 club mix is a new, shorter rework of the original long version, given more of a club feel, combining epic synths with a Balearic Spanish guitar.

[YOUTUBE]yn0wx_PVvzQ[/YOUTUBE]

First of the new remixes is from the uplifting trance legend Ronny K, who gives the track his trademark Emotion treatment, giving the track a soaring melodic rework to devastate dancefloors.

[YOUTUBE]olFW9zq3REI[/YOUTUBE]

Med's Extended 2009 remix has already seen support from Manuel le Saux amongst others, reworking his 2008 remix into an altogether more well-rounded version, high on energy with an epic breakdown.

[YOUTUBE]oFmohIMQENw[/YOUTUBE]

Magdelayna's 2009 remix is a more atmospheric, progressive number that redesigns the melody completely and gives the track a slightly darker feel that still remains true to the original.

[YOUTUBE]HG24lGRmFx8[/YOUTUBE]

Phil Metcalfe has reworked his original 2008 remix into a fuller-sounding affair, combining a melodic, breakbeat-fuelled breakdown with a floaty yet tough overall sound.

[YOUTUBE]frdTbFWizMA[/YOUTUBE]

Rising star Alphadelta gives the track his trademark progressive Balearic treatment that turns the track into a sun-kissed gem of a track versatile enough to work both early on or late at night.

[YOUTUBE]LzTflXQIT4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Finnish producer Taleamus brings us his sauna-trance version with the last of the new remixes, with an upbeat, high energy version of the track.

[YOUTUBE]VqU_-9NxO0U[/YOUTUBE]

Finally Defcon Audio member Lazarus brings us his own version of the track made as a set intro, combining a long, ambient beginning with a breakbeat-driven finish. Trailblazer is just the first of many forthcoming releases from both Defcon Audio and Defcon Recordings.

[YOUTUBE]QtoHZZ77hCc[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome to Defcon Recordings

Last edited:
Finally release date! :) :bravo:

And there's even sauna-trance version too :lol:

Trailblazer by DEFCON AUDIO on MP3 and WAV at Juno Download

Finally available! :banana:

There's been a short delay whilst all the stores are approving our label but it should be appearing in them all in the next week or so.

But I've always recommended Juno and they haven't let me down here so it's all good :music:

In my wishlist already :)

You know how I feel about this track :)
Top 5 for me this year :grinning:

Edit: Bought! :lol:
My dad can blame you for not getting his Christmas present now :mask:
I'll make sure I send him that CD then instead :wink:

Back