Neal Scarborough & Gary Maguire - As You Are [Fraction]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
4-7732_header.jpg

2 of Irelands finest trance talents, Neal Scarborough & Gary Maguire, team up in the studio to provide their latest tech trance pressure bomb 'As You Are'. The boys highly addictive and ferociously cool blend of melodic breakdown elements tied into bass rattling kick drums and precision synth work ensure this track will shake the biggest dancefloors in the coming months.

On remix duties, the undisputed master of all things uplifting, Bjorn Akesson, takes to the faders, fusing his unmistakably energetic imprint into the action, while Mac & Taylor take care of the harder crowds with a full fire barn stormer!

4-7732_600.jpg

Review

Teaming up for the first time is label resident Neal Scarborough and Fraction newcomer Gary Maguire to deliver 'As You Are'. The Original Mix is a no holds barred full on tech monster. The way it managed to capture me is the amazing production talent of the two guys at hand here in on the top of there game. It reminds me of Wiretap and that is a good thing, Neal is a veteran at the game and Gary shows that he is one for the future with his amazing synths and percussion during the breakdown which gives the tune a certain edge that alot of trance is missing at the moment. An amazing collab for the label!

Swede' Bjorn Akesson is drafted in for remix number one. He gives the tune a makeover with his signature style that has taken him to great things during the last year and a half. What I really like in this mix is the way he makes the tune a little less techy and more towards the melodic side of things with his excellent work during the breakdown which reminds you why he is so in demand for remixes at the moment. Excellent use of a minimal vocal chop is just one of many reasons as to why this remix stands out. Highly recommended in my opinion.

Young Brits Mac & Taylor continue there rise to the top with a remix that blows all the other mixes away, its that good. I could not believe that the original could be topped in terms of pure energy but this is just insane! The song just as a whole has a more clean feel to it, with everything being taken up a notch. The break is even more drawn out which in my opinion is what makes tech trance what it is. Perfect remix and a superb way to round out the package.

9/10

Samples:

Original Mix: YouTube - Neal Scarborough & Gary Maguire - As You Are (Original Mix)
Bjorn Akesson Remix: YouTube - Neal Scarborough & Gary Maguire - As You Are (Bjorn Akesson Remix)
Mac & Taylor Remix: YouTube - Neal Scarborough & Gary Maguire - As You Are (Mac & Taylor Remix)

Out Monday On Beatport!

Untitled Document
Gary Maguire - Dj/Producer
Neal Scarborough on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Gary Maguire on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Written by: William P

Akesson RmX !!!!!!!!!

Back