Urgent can any1 help Technics 1210

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennedY

Registered
Reaction score
Pls help been on my decks tonight and now 1 deck keeps speeding up and slowing down. Frustrating to say the least lol any1 have any clues?????:sleeping::sleeping:

well gutted too as im a bit spanked lol....Spannered

If it's a slight deviation I'd expect it might be something near to it that it a source of magnetism that's interfering with the pitch control, if it's speeding up and slowing a lot though then I've no idea :smile:

Is this happening when you touch the pitch control? If so your slider/resistor is screwed. Its a reasonably simple job to do but does require soldering, parts should cost a few pounds.

You can get away with it for a bit maybe by putting some WD40 oil on it and working it in by moving the slider, much like you would with a buggered fader or x fader on a mixer. Dont put too much WD40 just a little.

take out the plate and clean the dust on the edge of the plate or inside the rim...i do leave my covers off and it tends to happen ...hope it can help ...also the little pole in the middle may need some oil ..i put a little oil on the pole...lubricate carefully and clean excess oil ...good luck :hug:

Thanks guys will try all the above at work at the min, shall try later thanks again.......Fingers crossed lol :bravo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back