The Flyers & Mike Sonar - Land Of Hope [Smü[th]]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tnsmuth0141000.jpg

The Flyers & Mike Sonar have started out pretty well with solid releases in 2009. Mike released a nothing short of brilliant release on Infrasonic Recordings, which saw support at the ASOT400 event. The Flyers have in collaboration with Mike released a 2-track single on Enhanced 6 months ago and they have one more EP coming up on the very same label soon. Now they've signed with Smü[th], and their track Land Of Hope comes with 3 remixes in different styles.

Original Mix
I might as well just cut to the chase; it's all about the melody in this track. The percussion is a bit standard but nonetheless sufficient given the arrangement and ideas they've aimed for. Nice groovy bass progression which sits right along with that melody, which is just lush. The main lead has just the right amount of delay and reverb and it plays nice along with the piano. My favourite thing is the progression of the 'backing' synth lead which reminds alot of the stuff being released on Silk Digital and the likes - this combined with the trancey lead just works so well!

Mike Hovsepian & Johnny Y Remix
A bit more drive with a rolling side-chained bassline, vocal hits and an overall darker 'coldharbour' feel. This is a remix that is nicely put together but it doesn't really 'blow up' which I had expected.

Liluca Remix
A bit of deep house which was quite surprising but also a very good pick given the style of the original. I'm a huge fan of the Liluca track Anjunadeep released in early 2009, so most definitely excited about this mix. It's a very atmospheric mix with a nice bass guitar working the background. Soothing and sweeping melodies with a good amount of warm reverb.

Vinayak^a Remix
Vinayak^a is a bit of an alternative and experimenting producer in my opinion. Nice work on the percussion and the various vocal, drum shots. While this mix is kinda fun and the breakdown being excellent, this wouldn't be the first thing for me to throw in a mix, so perhaps maybe too 'alternative' for my taste.

Verdict
The original is going straight into the CD folder and the Liluca is also perfect for the first tunes in a set of perhaps just to chill to.

Previews:

Original Mix: YouTube - The Flyers & Mike Sonar - Land Of Hope (Original Mix)
Mike Hovsepian & Johnny Y Remix: YouTube - The Flyers & Mike Sonar - Land Of Hope (Mike Hovsepian & Johnny Y Remix)
Liluca Remix: YouTube - The Flyers & Mike Sonar - Land Of Hope (Liluca Remix)
Vinayak^a Remix: YouTube - The Flyers & Mike Sonar - Land Of Hope (Vinayak^a Remix)

Release Date: 12th January 2010

Back