Convincing your friends of Trance

JeffreySource

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having this question for your guys....
If there was one trance track you could choose to convince your non-tranceloving friends, which one will it be?

I seriously don't have a clue, there are so many.
But I am of the opinion that it should be a trance track with some good non-repetitive vocals, because they tend to be more accesable...

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm having this question for your guys....
If there was one trance track you could choose to convince your non-tranceloving friends, which one will it be?

I seriously don't have a clue, there are so many.
But I am of the opinion that it should be a trance track with some good non-repetitive vocals, because they tend to be more accesable...

:iagree:Yes... many people seem to look for music with more vocals, because they are more accesible than the tracks with more instrumentals or long breaks or smthg. I convinced some of my friends to listen trance (ironic...) with non-vocals and they've liked it, but i'm talking about old tracks, like 2004-2007 and with less vocals... like As The Rush Comes, Shivers or other rare to find.

Anyway most of the people i know here guide themselves after what they hear at some other people or radios, they don't make separate documentation on tracks, or don't listen to separate tracks to become addicts. And generally speaking that's the reason why all the tops are filled with vocals from Jaren or Armin van Buuren or other... less open minded listeners. But... if that's what people ask for, that's it :)

I think, it must be some vocal track. :smile: It has to have a catchy melody, not so hard and easy to remember lyrics and soft like velvet and pleasant like chocolate box vocals. My type is Armin van Buuren feat. Justine Suisse - Burned With Desire. :grinning:

If you plan on taking a long trip with her somewhere, erase all her mp3s in her ipod and put in trance sets... i recommend uplifting / vocal blend. :) this will do the job :)
Hehehe, Dan rocks! :mask::grinning:

Last edited:
If you plan on taking a long trip with her somewhere, erase all her mp3s in her ipod and put in trance sets... i recommend uplifting / vocal blend. :) this will do the job :)

:lol: You devil :lol:

I live in Berlin where Techno and Minimal is very popular thanks to the Panorama Bar/Berghain and the Watergate. Unfortunately I'm the only one among my peers who listens to Trance. None of them has a clue what Trance music can sound like nowadays, although the old cliché of the "corny electronic music genre" is still true. So what I'd do here in Berlin is to play Trance that sounds techy - like Leon Bolier's or Arnej's stuff.

Madonna - What It Feels Like For A Girl (A&B Club Mix). Catchy vocal tune and a popular singer.

If I'm honest I always think trance is something that people need to find for themselves, but then again, I don't suppose there's anything wrong with occasionally pointing people in the right direction :ee:

Best route I'd always say would be via vocal tracks. Most of the "normals" I know always ask questions like "How come there aren't any words to this one?" when I've got trance on (which is nearly always...) so vocal trance keeps people like this still within touching distance of their comfort zone.

So my vote goes to Grace - Not Over Yet (BT's Spirit Of Grace)

Not only is it the best remix of all time and a genuine masterpiece, it's also over 12 minutes long so you also get your money's worth. Plus I now understand that some popular band called The Klaxons have also done a hideous cover version of the song that's recently had lots of airplay on the dreaded FM radio for normal people, so chances are, they'll know the words too!

Either that or you can go for the Wippenberg remix of Castles In The Sky. It's surprisingly superb - I once saw Tiesto raise the roof at GodsKitchen with it in fact - and a definite guilty pleasure of mine that I never actually dare play :lol:

Back