controler advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj michael h

Registered
Reaction score
i've decided to go with the akai apc40 for ableton however for traktor i'm stuck between the vestax vcm600 and either the xone 4d or the xone dx. if their is anyone who has used either of those 3 controlers or all 3 controlers for traktor and could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. i have looked them up and got alot of infermation however i'm still stuck as to which i should buy. thanks

I have the 4d, and it's great for traktor. mostly the hassle is finding a good map to start with and takign the time every now and then to sketch out what you want to do and update the map to suit.
good sound, great mixer even if you ignore the midi, filters etc. no end of fx and control with the midi/traktor. downside is you have to travel with a huge bit of kit , and if you are relying on the soundcard, you cannot play traktor timecode without taking your own mixer.

does a&h do a mixer the same as the xone 4d but without the soundcard?

not an exact equivalent. The xone 92 is similar, with 2 filters, but it also has 4 eq's instead of 3, 2 LFO's instead of 1, and has 2 extra aux channels, instead of the 4d's 2 send/returns.
the 42 is also close , 42 and 4d have 3eq's, but 42 only has 1 filter and a new fx routing.
42 also has a 1 in/1 out soundcrd built in, not enough to run any DVS or the like but enough to record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back