Thread: My blog on dance music - comments/thoughts?

My blog on dance music - comments/thoughts?

Good morning everyone

I recently started a blog on dance music earlier this month, which can be read here.

It's mainly for a New York audience, but I include some other content that may appeal to the members of this site, since my favorite producers are mostly the ones played here. I even plugged AH.fm recently.

Any comments or feedback on the blog would be greatly appreciated. I hope you enjoy.

www.defconrecordings.com Lazarus's Avatar
    Looks very nice actually mate, well done Am following
    New show time: Back From The Dead - Every 1st Monday 1900-2100 GMT (2000-2200 CET, 1400-1600 PST)
    Lazarus Twitter | Lazarus Facebook | Defcon Recordings website | Defcon Twitter
    Lazarus on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Looks very nice actually mate, well done Am following
    Thanks.

More track reviews coming tomorrow.

Banned
    wow this is really well done mate, good job!

Just added a new post about a website that allows you to play around with two YouTube videos and a crossfader to make mashups:

DJing on YouTube...somewhat | binarysound

Yep, Pretty darn nice....I'll be checking it out
    Flight 643>>>Destination>>>AH.FM

New track reviews up in case anyone is interested. Thanks again guys for the support.

just opened your blog & 1st three things that my eyes caught:
    1) design. pic on the head of blog is good, but it doen't suit the site due to size & color. you have more things on the 2nd column - try 3-column-design.
    2) why don't you change the size of the pics you post? it's not comfortable to view.
    3) It's good that you have a calendar but people have to down page to see it. try to up it & make some smaller. Make every show linked ... to you post about this show. conncet with NY promoters, ask them to send to you press-releases of the events.

I began my dance blog at blogspot with the same mistakes & but now the site looks smart & useful for people, i think.

ps: why copywright is 2009? ;)

Banned
    gosh this site looks really good i know i already said that earlier but i'm really gonna keep checking it now and then. great job you really must love this music.

Quote Originally Posted by xwonderful View Post
    just opened your blog & 1st three things that my eyes caught:
    1) design. pic on the head of blog is good, but it doen't suit the site due to size & color. you have more things on the 2nd column - try 3-column-design.
    2) why don't you change the size of the pics you post? it's not comfortable to view.
    3) It's good that you have a calendar but people have to down page to see it. try to up it & make some smaller. Make every show linked ... to you post about this show. conncet with NY promoters, ask them to send to you press-releases of the events.

I began my dance blog at blogspot with the same mistakes & but now the site looks smart & useful for people, i think.

ps: why copywright is 2009? ;)
    Thanks for the tip about press releases and promoters.

When I first uploaded the template for the blog, the size of that background image couldn't be shortened width-wise, so I had to keep it.

When you talk about the pics, are you talking about the RSS feed view? I downsize all my pics to make them fit neatly inside the columns when looking at the main page.

Also Blogger doesn't have a calender app that's condensed. So I use the list for it.

Nice blog! I wish I lived in NYC...

I recently did an interview with New York DJ Brad Miller, which I think anyone who DJ's or is into EDM would enjoy reading:

DJNY #1: Brad Miller | binarysound

Thread Information