Reaction score
tnfra032.jpg

Beatport Date : 02/02/2010
Release Date : 16/02/2010
Record Label : Fraction Records
Cat# : FRA032
Format : MP3/WAV

Tracklisting / Previews

1. Original Mix : YouTube - Sequentia - Mojito (Original Mix)
2. Sunny LAX Remix : YouTube - Sequentia - Mojito (Sunny LAX Remix)
3. Vast Vision Remix : YouTube - Sequentia - Mojito (Vast Vision Remix)
4. Mint Mix : YouTube - Sequentia - Mojito (Mint Mix)
5. Danny Loko Remix : YouTube - Sequentia - Mojito (Danny Loko Remix)

Fraction Records are returning after a small holiday break. The last couple of releases have been on the techier side of things with tracks from Mac & Taylor, Will Atkinson and Bryan Kearney & Liam Melly. Here we have a fresh trancer with a delicate name which is more in the same line as Intuition by Anhken & Adrian. "Mojito" is produced by Mark Hoogkamer & Daniel Garczyk better known as Sequentia. This would be their 2nd release on Fraction.

Review

The Original Mix of Mojito starts out a bit trippy with jumping high hats and a stabby synth. The kick is medium hard and when the bouncing bassline kicks in, you get a feel that this track is bit more funky and slightly techy then the usual offerings from Sequentia. While I'm listening, I'm not really sure what to expect from this track but a sense of relief, joy and excitement runs through my head as the main lead and the building pad line starts to appear. Somehow the name "Mojito" just seems to fit perfectly; the sweet melody and the lovely vocal effects underneath that gives the track a lovely chilled out "on the beach" feel. Moving on to the remixes, first up is the Sunny LAX Remix. You never know what to expect from Sunny but this time around it's an uplifting and banging remix from him. A rough bassline and big melodies are the keywords. The Vast Vision Remix starts out with an edgy electro guitar-like bassline. It has some rough and trancey percussion and some big pads which starts to emerge early in the track. It's safe to say that it's all about the breakdown in this remix. The melodic mixtures are excellent and it sounds like something that would go down well with the ASOT crowd. In this package you'll also find a Mint Mix which is an additonal mix that Sequentia did. A superb delicious prog mix which follows some of the ideas of the original mix but with a groovy bass and some exotic perc rhythms. Danny Loko (Danny Oliveira) sure has changed his style since he did Drop It, Your Love some years ago. Somoz Nozes has some excellent ideas and a more atmospheric, progressive and downtempo feel. The Danny Loko Remix follows the same principles as as that tune but without just reworking old ideas. The original has been completely stripped down though and it's hard to sense anything left from the original version.

Verdict
First, it's good with different styles in a release but it's even better when the productions are all working. That certainly is the case here. Interesting, well-produced top package here. My favourite is without a doubt the Mint Mix but I have to say it's probably cause of what I'm currently into stylewize. From a more objective point of view (if I can put it that way), the Original Mix and the Vast Vision Remix are the best picks. Vast Vision hits the spot view their breakdown and the Original Mix gets a thumbs up for creativity and top melody. I had maybe hoped for a bit more excitement in the Vast Vision version. It was like it was missing a final layer of elements to elevate it to very good to excellent. Overall delicious release from Fraction Records!

More info:
http://www.fraction-records.com/

amazing release :wub:

Back