Meridian - Positive Zero [Infrasonic]

KrisA

Registered
Reaction score
tninfra033.jpg

Infrasonic keeps on serving the 4-trackers and here is another one. Meridian is making a return. It's now almost 3 years since his last release on Infrasonic which had big remixers as well as with this one. On the remix duties we have Thomas Datt, the (fast) rising star Suncatcher and the Digital Society boys, Med vs. Neil Bamford.

Release Date : 01/03/2010
Label : Infrasonic Recordings
Cat# : Infra033

Tracklist:

1. Original Mix
2. Thomas Datt Remix
3. Suncatcher Remix
4. Med vs. Bamford Remix

Original Mix
Rough edged trance with neat stabs, trippy melodies and a lush and well padded breakdown. The mix has an overall 2004 feel to it in my opinion.

Thomas Datt Remix
Datt starts out with a heavy kick drum and some soft hi hats. At the same time a melody emerges in the background and suddenly an acid line falls in as well as some heavier highs. A breathing effect triggers the bassline and this is were it takes off. This mix has an overall nice consistency and a thick and neat production quality to it. Not as upbeat as his earlier productions but certainly step up in quality from the original mix.

Suncatcher Remix
Suncatcher usually goes for the 9 minute mixes (or so I have observed lately) but this one is around 6 minutes. The vocal snippets are much brighter and plays a bigger role in this mix and the bassline has an electro feel. While I'm not fully convinced by the bassline I do feel completely satisfied when introduced to his breakdown. Lovely combination of melodies and a great way to build up a perfect mood.

Med vs. Neil Bamford Remix
As expected this mix is much more of an energetic affair. A quick build-up, fast moving melodies and glitch effects to spice it up and move things forward.

Previews:

Original: YouTube - Meridian - Positive Zero (Original Mix)
Thomas Datt: YouTube - Meridian - Positive Zero (Thomas Datt Remix)
Suncatcher: YouTube - Meridian - Positive Zero (Suncatcher Remix)
Med vs. Neil Bamford: YouTube - Meridian - Positive Zero (Med vs. Neil Bamford Remix)

YouTube - TrancePromotion's Channel

Meridian-PositiveZero-1.jpg

DJ / Radio Support

Support from:

Ferry Corsten (Countdown), Judge Jules (Radio 1), Alex MORPH, Woody van Eyeden, Guiseppe Ottaviani, Sebastian Brandt, John O Callaghan, Activa, Adam Nickley, Duderstadt, Arctic Moon, Tillmann Uhrmacher, Tom Colontonio, John Askew, Sied Van Riel, Andrelli & Blue, Sophie Sugar, Tritonal, Sequentia, Agnelli & Nelson, Jon O'Bir, Duderstadt, Sequentia, Pedro Del Mar, Digital Nature, MK X, Six Senses, Super8 & Tab, Nitrous Oxide, Andy Duguid, Ronski Speed, Mark Eteson, Manuel Le Saux, Talla XL, Duende, Ernesto & Bastian, M.I.K.E, Daniel Kandi, Jorn Van Deynhoven, XGenic, Ruben De Ronde, Fast Distance, Vast Vision, Paul Miller, Jonas Hornblad, Haris C, Michael Angelo plus many more..........

Back